Will 3rd parties ever be able to develope for Noah ?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

BushBasher/Shroomz,
What I meant is that I have been told it is a very complicated procedure to convert Scope-made devices to Noah (or ASB) compatible code, one that CWA feels is not possible for 3rd parties to do by themselves. Certainly I would have loved to release some plugs for Noah, were it possible.
I was told it was too difficult and too much work without much 'handholding' from CWA for them to let 3rd parties do it by themselves.
john bowen
bowen synth design
zarg music
spacef

Post by spacef »

On 2005-09-01 16:44, johnbowen wrote:
Certainly I would have loved to release some plugs for Noah, were it possible.
same here (sigh..)...
wolf

Post by wolf »

dito ..
astroman

Post by astroman »

it's the same machine code, but not the same environment
see it like porting an Intel app between Win98, XP and Linux - your mileage may vary significantly

cheers, Tom
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

BushBasher/Shroomz,
What I meant is that I have been told it is a very complicated procedure to convert Scope-made devices to Noah (or ASB) compatible code, one that CWA feels is not possible for 3rd parties to do by themselves. Certainly I would have loved to release some plugs for Noah, were it possible.
John, it's a shame they were looking at it that way. Maybe these days it would be possible to convince them otherwise if it was a team effort?

It certainly seems like all three of you guys (John, Spacef, Wolf & maybe even Shayne?) would still be interested in the idea of developing for Noah were it possible. This is a great attitude which the Noah needs. If CWA could get together with the 3 or 4 of you on this one, that would be awesome.

I noticed that none of you have been too slow to make it known that you're interested. It would be great to hear what CWA think of this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shroomz on 2005-09-03 06:39 ]</font>