*** GREEN SCREEN OF DEATH *** NOAH GURUS HELP ***

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

iamnotadj

Post by iamnotadj »

ok heres the story

i bought a NoahEX first (ok) then a prodyssey

when trying to install prodyssey it all goes pear shaped

doesnt have sound first.. used all the tips here (i think)

used CWs pathetic install instructions.. bah

heres an example :

maybe there was not enough memory for the flash.

Important : If you run NOAH in mini-OS you are in need to install another driver. Please do this installation.

Run the flshbox again and use the dumpfile. Which is attached to this email.

Moreover you will find the allkeysfile a´ttached. Use this one.

and this install instructions :

Mac:

1. Download the #Noah#EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe.bin on your computer
2. Copy this file into the "oxe" folder (//Noah//App//oxe).
3. Rename the file #Noah#EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe.bin into #Noah#EDS8i_NoKeys.oxe
8. Connect Noah via USB and start the Noah editor software
9. Follow the instructions of the installation prozess
10. At the end of installation the Synchronizer will open automatically
The Synchronizer is needed to copy the Device files into your Noah.
11. Select the grey folder Icon of the EDS8i on the right
12. The Icon becomes yellow and other folders will be shown
13. Make sure that there is enough "Available Memory" left
14. Now press the synchronize button and wait until all the files are written in your Noah-Synthesizer
15. After synchronisation you have to reboot your Noah
16. Have fun with your new Plugin

which i used..

and now i only get a screen at noah start up (on the face of teh noah) that sez :

Starting Noah EX
Loading Performance... failed

- i mean, seriously what the fuck is a 'fishbox' anyway!??? baahahahah i even looked it up in the manual only to feel stupid..

does anyone here understand the word FISHBOX ??

then he said start up in mini OS mode.. buh.. is that mac/linux safe mode (pwr+mode) or recovery mode (pwr+utility)

and once im in those modes i cant transfer to the noah cos the noah app wont see noah HW cos its in safe mode.. to upload in those modes..

ARRRGH AM I A NOOB..

i have owned CW for yrs ..few probs yeah sure.. but nuffin this shit b4 :sad:

i only hope someone here can help..

bloody language barrier is drivin me crazy

i asked 10 times now.. HOW DO I USE THE DUMPFILE ??

i just get garbled jibberish like that for a reply..

so just to recap :

*so whats this dumpfile ? (NoahDefaultEDSPProd.dmp)

**and how do i use it ?
wolf

Post by wolf »

Hi,

you won't get more answers by posting your problem in all forums, only more spreading of them.
Perhaps the "a" in flash somehow got lost, so it became flsh ?
Did you make a backup of your noah config before, so you can restore the previous state ?

kind regards
Wolfgang
iamnotadj

Post by iamnotadj »

On 2005-08-22 10:24, wolf wrote:
Hi,

you won't get more answers by posting your problem in all forums, only more spreading of them.
Did you make a backup of your noah config before, so you can restore the previous state ?

kind regards
Wolfgang
thanks for the reply.. sorry for all the postings.. bit desperate here..

no backup :sad: wanting to restore everything fresh

TIA
iamnotadj

Post by iamnotadj »

On 2005-08-22 10:24, wolf wrote:
Hi,

kind regards
Wolfgang
oh yeah and i meant to say .. "o00000hhhh flashbox.."

sooo, whats a flashbox ?, eheheh cheers muchly almighty CW overlords

Post by Guest »

It is a program that CWA send you incase you managed to get where you are at with Noah.

do you have the flash program from CWA ???
IF not I am willing to share that OS with you.

instructions below in 2 languages:

How to use FlashBox.exe (PC only)

This programm allows to write and read the internal flash of your Noah synthesizer
and should be used for backup and recover operation.

1. Noah must be connected to you PC via USB.
Noah muss via USB mit dem PC verbunden sein

2. Turn on Noah.
Schalten Sie den NOAH ein.

3. The Noah editor software must be closed.
Die NOAH Editor Software soll geschlossen sein.

4. Doubleclick the FlashBox.exe
Starten Sie das Flashboxtool mit einem Doppelclick auf das Flashbox.exe Icon.

Now you can read or write the whole content of the internal flash.
It includes all Devices, settings, presets and the operating system.
Nun können Sie den kompletten Inhalt des NOAH-internen Speichers lesen oder ersetzen.

Press "Get Image" if you want to save a backup of Noah on your PC.
Drücken Sie auf "Get Image", wenn Sie den Speicherinhalt Ihres NOAH's auf dem PC sichern wollen.

Press "Write Image" if you want to recover Noah with the .dmp file
on your PC.
Drücken Sie auf "Write Image", wenn Sie den NOAH mit einem neuen Image versehen wollen, welches auf Ihrem PC vorhanden ist.

5. Wait until the Flashbox gives a message that the file is written.
Warten Sie, bis die Flashbox anzeigt, das die Datei geschrieben wurde.

6. Close the FlashBox programm, start the editor software and
reboot Noah normal.
Beenden Sie das Flashbox Programm und starten Sie die Editorsoftware, wie auch den Noah
auf dem normalen Wege.

Note: The software keys are not included in the image file
You need your allkeys file from "my page" after recovering
Noah with the factory .dmp files.

Bitte beachten Sie : Die Softwarekeys sind nicht in Ihrem Image File enthalten.
Sie müssen Sich das allkeysfile von "meine Seite" downloaden, nachdem Sie NOAH mit dem neuen Image versehen haben.

7. If necessary the registry dialog will open and you can import
the allkeys file.
Sollte sich der Registrationsdialog öffnen, dann können Sie nun das allkeysfile importieren.

NoahDefault.dmp includes the factory setup
NoahDefaultEDSPProd.dmp includes the factory setup with EDS8i and Prodyssey

Die NoahDefault.dmp Datei enthält das Werkssetup.
Die NoahDefaultEDSPProd.dmp Datei enthält zusätzlich zum Wekssetup noch die Devices Prodyssey und EDS8.
hubird

Post by hubird »

Iam, please edit your identical posts in other forums, you could change subject and content to 'double post' or so.
preferrable not in caps... :smile:
iamnotadj

Post by iamnotadj »

On 2005-08-22 13:41, hubird wrote:
Iam, please edit your identical posts in other forums, you could change subject and content to 'double post' or so.
sorry again ppls .. im an obvious forum noob.. :/

thanks heaps for all the lovely help i am getting .. why didnt i just come here first.. hahahahah

ah no i dont have the flashbox application.. im on mac.. but i will find a PC to do this with..

thnk you for that offer.. i will definately take you up on that ~ !!

catch me on AIM is maybe the easyiest way .. or whatever way you would like :smile:

AIM:joshhayne
hubird

Post by hubird »

On 2005-08-22 21:23, iamnotadj wrote:
On 2005-08-22 13:41, hubird wrote:
AIM:joshhayne
why were you quoting me?

Post by Guest »

Still you have not responded to requests to either edit modify or delete your other 2 posts.

You have posted in 3 different places and it has pissed off others and I hope you kind start by getting this fixed so we can continue with this.
iamnotadj

Post by iamnotadj »

yes sorry.. x-post fixed..

Quote:

On 2005-08-23 12:41, antar wrote:
Most of us has some type of interaction with ralf by email and none here have said anything bad about his quality of support or his timing in answering.

excuse me if I don't buy what you are saying about the support quality of Ralf/support.

All I see from your post is someone who has came to this forum and introduced himself in a manner that is not acceptable to anyone, and posted the same thing in 3 different places and when you were advised to rectify your post, still you don't seem to respond accordingly.

[ This Message was edited by: antar on 2005-08-23 13:11 ]

yes thats all good and well.. but dont u think an INTERNATIONAL company should be able to advise its customers (mainly english speaking) how to maintian its specific high end gear.. ) especially when they can justify CHARGING an arm and a leg (yes yes worth every penny)

but i see creamware as the mercedes of synths.. yeah !?

do u think merc would even be in business now if it couldnt tend to its english speaking customers

NO WAY HOSE

they realised early on that good relations with international customers is the only way to enter a WORLD market... YEAH / NO !??

i just want CW to accept that their tech support is shit.. and DO something about it.. employ someone who can help the engrish speaking community (which must be WAY over half of its customer base, YES/NO !?)

seriously.... THIS place, IS creamwares tech support.. what a joke .. (not this place.. bless this place) for an "INTERNATIONAL" company .. they should just SAY they are a GERMAN company.. and be done with it.. save everyone the hassle..

then it wouldnt be such a shock when all i get is hassles..!!

by the way i have followed RBs instructions to the letter.. and its still not hapnin.. i think this noah is defective.. so does RB..
everytime i do the flashbox then install (new from the disc i was supplied) presets again, it dies.. he says maybe my presets are corrupted..

ok fair enuf.. so i download all the stuf i need from ftp ://creamware etc

these parts only make this problem worse

no registry keys.. all going crazy..

im going to tru reinstalling the presets VIA PC today.. and use the NEW dmpfile i have been sent today woohoo (it also could have been corrupted by the fact that RB doesnot ZIP his files to email them !??

i had to get him to re-send a few times cos my mail servers kept eating the attachments.. !!!!

so sorry ppl for all the hassle.. (quite VERY frustrated, as im sure all of you would be in this position.. has anyone else here has had a serious prob yet with noah ?? so u cant use it for weeks after u just paid $$$ lots of monety for it......... ?

thank you all for your patience

when this is allover and my noah is rocking again.. i will write detailed english install/factory reset instructions for veges like me.. and post it here for ya'll (after i email it to RB !! )

peace
iamnotadj

Post by iamnotadj »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iamnotadj on 2005-08-23 22:01 ]</font>
iamnotadj

Post by iamnotadj »

On 2005-08-23 22:00, iamnotadj wrote:

Quote:

Most of us has some type of interaction with ralf by email and none here have said anything bad about his quality of support or his timing in answering.

then u should probably consider yourselves lucky.. shouldnt you.. cos this is just about the most frustrating situation ive ever been in.. thanks for your understanding tho
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: iamnotadj on 2005-08-23 22:02 ]</font>
valis

Post by valis »

You should give http://www.planetz.com/forums/faq.php#bbcode a read real quick so that you can make more sense out of the [quote] tags while you're here. :smile:
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ralf on 2005-08-24 01:36 ]</font>
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

On 2005-08-23 21:54, iamnotadj wrote:
yes sorry.. x-post fixed..

Quote:

excuse me if I don't buy what you are saying about the support quality of Ralf/support.

All I see from your post is someone who has came to this forum and introduced himself in a manner that is not acceptable to anyone, and posted the same thing in 3 different places and when you were advised to rectify your post, still you don't seem to respond accordingly.

ralf :
This “user” does not have any kind of manner.
He frequented different mailboxes with the same mail a few times ( in seconds ), like a spammer.

Whe I tried to send him some software and docs, I got mailrouters.
I think, it is his own thing to be able to receive any attachments.

So I tried to send the files to several emailadresses he gave me. Later I zipped the files.

[ This Message was edited by: antar on 2005-08-23 13:11 ]

by the way i have followed RBs instructions to the letter.. and its still not hapnin.. i think this noah is defective.. so does RB..

ralf: I did not sayed, that !
I think the point is, that you tried to flash the NOAH from your MAC.
The first line in the readme.txt – file, I send to you is :

How to use FlashBox.exe (PC only)

==== PC only ===== !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everytime i do the flashbox then install (new from the disc i was supplied) presets again, it dies.. he says maybe my presets are corrupted..

ok fair enuf.. so i download all the stuf i need from ftp ://creamware etc

ralf: Normally, if there is no way to send you the stuff via email. ( Maybe you'll check your firewallsettings or something like this ).

these parts only make this problem worse

no registry keys.. all going crazy..

im going to tru reinstalling the presets VIA PC today.. and use the NEW dmpfile i have been sent today woohoo (it also could have been corrupted by the fact that RB doesnot ZIP his files to email them !??

Ralf : Boy, I’d sent this file to lot’s of users, and they all were able to use it.Anyway if zipped or not.

i had to get him to re-send a few times cos my mail servers kept eating the attachments.. !!!!

Ralf :Yes, and normally, this is your problem, not mine, that YOUR server eat attachments.

so sorry ppl for all the hassle.. (quite VERY frustrated, as im sure all of you would be in this position.. has anyone else here has had a serious prob yet with noah ?? so u cant use it for weeks after u just paid $$$ lots of monety for it......... ?

thank you all for your patience

Ralf : Yea, in your case, we need a lot.

when this is allover and my noah is rocking again.. i will write detailed english install/factory reset instructions for veges like me.. and post it here for ya'll (after i email it to RB !! )

Ralf : Sorry, I don’t need this, because I’am able to read the existing one. Other people and me
could work thereby very well.

Ralf: You can save your answer to this, because I have to do more important things than reading postings like yours .
The people on PlanetZ know about my Support and your "strange" oppinion regarding this, is not the state of the art.

Cheers
ralf

peace
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ralf on 2005-08-24 01:54 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

Geezz...

It's clear to me...not able to communicate along logical and social pathes, he will never be capable to make any music.

Iamnotamusicion, sell your Noah and find another hobby, you're not going to manage this, I'm sorry.
Just my 0.02 cents.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Wise & friendly words Hubird, what are you, the PlanetZ Scarecrow :lol:

The person is new & doesn't really need to be told to go away & sell his Noah when he's got problems, even if he's gone about trying to fix them in totally the wrong manner.
hubird

Post by hubird »

tough words of mine indeed, but he really crossed a border when he started to insult Creamware and implicitely Ralf, while he is even too stupid to read.

Btw, I sent you a pm :smile:
cheers.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Sorry, my mistake Huub :smile:

It seems people can be quite nasty in a fit of frustration. Who knows, maybe it was another one of these attacks on the planet & CW gear.

No offence meant anyway :grin: