is pro-tone available for noah ?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

sexschon

Post by sexschon »

hey
anyone knows if "pro-tone" is available for the noah ?
I have the "pro-one" emulation (which is already incredible), but I saw the pro-tone has a stepsequencer, effects section..

it seems to be interesting too.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Stick with the Pro-One if that's what you have, as you've already got a step sequencer, arpegio & amazing effects on the Noah. Up to you, but we've got the Pro-One too & it rocks !!
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

notbob, you're not answering the question...

no, there's no proTone for Noah.
sexschon

Post by sexschon »

thanx r_Daneel Olivaw :wink:

ps. indeed notbobmoog, you've not understood my question. surely it's due to my bad english :smile:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I've always thought we must have got Pro-One before things were changed over to be sporting creamware badges instead of Sequential. We've spoke about it in the studio several times, i.e. why do we have 'Pro-One' which is no longer available etc. I've never seen a definative answer on this, although the question has been raised before. :oops:
sexschon

Post by sexschon »

If I understood what you said...I am indee VERY HAPPY to have the creamware pro one. whatever if the pro tone is not available.

I just wanted to know if the protone is available for its -others- possibilies.

I have too a real pro-one connected with an arp sequencer and It makes others sounds than the emulation.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

The ProTone is just a name change.

The Scope versions of ProTone and the former ProOne have the step sequencer-arpeggiator, in Noah they have been considered redundant as a step seq. or an arpeggiator, even if different, are available for all the slots, so dsp power has been kept for the voices number.
sexschon

Post by sexschon »

thanx alfonso for your remark.
you're right, for sure.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Personally, I'd be interested in comparing the old Zarg/Wine Country Pro-One (before CW got their hands on it). If my memory serves me correctly it sounded a lot more like the REAL Pro-One. I've tried comparing my Noah 'Pro-One' to the real thing and although it sounds similar, you can't recreate patches as was originally suggested by John Bowen. Maybe something to do with additional features affecting overall 'emulation'.
sexschon

Post by sexschon »

really ?
I was able to recreate old patches with my noah.
I put real pro one and noah's version together and I recreated exactly the same sounds ....I was really impressed
hubird

Post by hubird »

I think he means you'll have to match the position of the knobs by listening rather than just copy the original ones...tho I'm not sure :smile:
sexschon

Post by sexschon »

you're right
the knob position is not exactly the same
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

You're right guys, the match is definately not perfect. If you're trying to transfer patches from patch sheets, you'll have to tweek every patch to get it close. It's got to be said however, that i think the overall the emulation of the sound is amazing.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Sorry, might have seemed like I was having a dig at the quality of the Pro-One before.

I was just pointing out that I can remember trying a demo of the Zarg/Wine Country Sequential Pro-One a good while before getting the Noah with CW's tweaked Pro-One and I can remember that it seemed a lot closer to the real thing (in terms of control positions at least).

Don't get me wrong ...it's not that I think CW ruined the Pro-One (far from it, I love this thing!!) it would just have been good to be able to bypass all the 'extra' features (you know, some sort of classic/extended mode) :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sharc on 2005-07-25 11:20 ]</font>
sharc

Post by sharc »

On 2005-07-22 03:24, sexschon wrote:
hey
anyone knows if "pro-tone" is available for the noah ?
Strange one this. The Noah section on the CW site says the Noah comes with ProTone (even the picture shows the ProTone). In fact my activation keys page says I've got a ProTone, but it's definitely NOT. It's a Wine Country Sequential Pro-One. To be honest though, if I had the choice between Pro-One and ProTone, I'd probably stick with the 'Pro-One'. :smile: