Noah backup

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

I'm having trouble restoring from a backup using the Noah software. I created a backup on one computer, in a folder called 'Noah2', it created a subfolder called 'IF' (which itself contained 8 subfolders). Now I've moved the Noah2 folder to another machine, and when I try to do a 'recover backup', whether I select the folder 'Noah2' or 'IF', it looks like it is restoring, but when it is done the preset lists haven't changed. (and only backup/recover flash is checked). What am I missing?
gustav

Post by gustav »

what direction did you select :
noah to pc or pc to noah ?
when you are saying that the preset list has not changed : are you looking on the pc or on the noah ?
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Synchronize is only for sending data from the PC to the Noah. There's no way to do it in reverse, except one file at a time. And the 'From Noah' and 'To Noah' button on the livebar seems to be related to what happens when the Noah starts up, whether it loads the Noah from the computer's configuration, or vice versa. From what I can tell, it doesn't relate to transferring lists of presets, one way or another.

I am really baffled here. Has anyone managed to use the Noah on several computers at once? I can't figure out how to use the backup/restore feature, and I've read the manual several times, if the presets aren't being saved with the backups, then WHAT exactly is being backed up? I can't be the only person who finds it important to save my presets. I find it very puzzling that such a very basic feature is not implemented (that's why I'm wondering if I'm missing something very basic). Or am I supposed to manually save and transfer all of the 30 or so preset files? Looking in the backup folder, there seems to be a bunch of .NPL files. If I just transferred them one at a time into the appropriate NoahNoahIF directories, would that work?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid Len on 2005-05-18 14:06 ]</font>
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

I think that it is like in sfp (I've done it successfully).

When you have a good installation folder of Noah in a machine, backup it on a cd.

Then you install Noah SW on the new machine, after that you simply replace the new installation with the old one. Naturally both the installs have to be made in the same directory path.
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Kind of odd to do it this way, but it does work. Thanks for the help.