Noah continous controllers - midi control

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

natsuga

Post by natsuga »

I would like to now if it's possible to control the parameters assigned to the continuous controllers using an external midi controler in place of front panel knobs.
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Yes, that is possible.

Using the NOAH remote: right click the parameter you wish to control and see the cc number set up of the device --> Assign the corresponding numbers to the knobs or pedals of your MIDI controller.

Neb
natsuga

Post by natsuga »

Hi Neb.
When I right click on a button in NOAH Remote Software, just see the list of assignable continuos controllers not cc message number. For ex. how can I assign Noah's amplifier plugin's bypass switch to my Roland Fc-200 midi foot controler?
luddl

Post by luddl »

cc numbers are in the technical reference.

but another question:
switching a preset with noah knobs will cause sending the cc numbers of the new preset. thats very helpful. but switching presets with the software doesnt do this. any suggestions?
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Yes, you are right. The midi table in the technical reference displays the CC numbers for almost all devices.

The 16 parameters that appear when you right cilck in Noah remote are parameter sets controlled by the yellow knobs on the NOah itself.

But the insert effects (2 pr. channel) is remotely controlled by "KeyP NuberA/NumberB" - could someone explain what Keyp means, and how to go about to remotely controll the inserts?

Neb
sharc

Post by sharc »

On 2005-02-09 15:45, Nebukadneser wrote:

But the insert effects (2 pr. channel) is remotely controlled by "KeyP NuberA/NumberB" - could someone explain what Keyp means, and how to go about to remotely controll the inserts?
Yes, I think the controller no's of all of the devices are indicated in the manual with this 'KeyP'. I've no idea what it stands for ...just that it's the controller no's you use.

As for the inserts - I've not tried it yet but I was assuming that the two numbers were for the 2 inserts so let's say that you wanted to control 'Freq 2' on a parametric EQ , you would use either controller no. 73 (for insert 1) or 93 (for insert 2).
sharc

Post by sharc »

...erm No.

My mistake. I believe it's key pressure. The MIDI implementation chart is saying that 'key pressure messages are pre-assigned as additional controller messages'

I'll go and check, just to make sure this time.
sexschon

Post by sexschon »

Shark put me on the right way...I didn't know what keyp was .. . :

It's "Poly Pressure" Controller.

It's not a standart controller. Look in your favorite sequencer. When you choose this controller, you must choose first a note number and after you write your control.

This means there are as much controls as notes, in this parameter..so ..a lot!
this is why the noah uses a lot this controller, Poly Pressure can generate an awful lot of MIDI messages.

cheers.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

This question seems not finally answered...

Say, I have an external MIDI controller box with 16 knobs.

Say, I don't want to program a template for each Noah instrument that I want to control from that box.

Now, I remember that Noah instruments have already assigned the 16 most important paramters to the so called "performance controllers" (yellow knobs).

I ask myself (and you), why couldn't I set up my external controller box to mimic these 16 performance controllers, so that I have automatically access to the 16 most wnated parameters of an instrument?

Can I do this?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

The normal way to do such thing is to program presets on the controllers rather than on the noah itself.
Anyway, you would have to make some templates for that either on the noah or on the controller...

In fact, it seems that the CC Control assignment is fixed on each of the NOAH synth. So you need to make the templates on the controller.

CheerZ

CheerZ