any new synths for noah?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

rigoli

Post by rigoli »

Hi, i'm wondering if in the future will be new synths available. I've read the profit5 will be also for noah, can anyone confirm? Bacause i'm going to buy now a secondhand noah, is soon expected a new device from creamware? Noah 2 perhaps at january namm ?
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

i hoped for p5 too, but i'm afraid it doesn't look like cw's gonna release a new synth for noah... afaik they're supposed to release 2 more synths for noah, but since the noah market's almost "closed" for now, they probably switched to more promising projects... It's quite a long time now that noah users are waiting for the p5.
i hope they didn't give it up.
CW perhaps encountered some problems with the static dsp allocation for the p5? perhaps some difficulties with the unison feature? Don't know.
All we can hope is they finally release those two last synths, since they announced them...

anyway, cheers
hubird

Post by hubird »

support :smile:
valis

Post by valis »

Perhaps start an informal 'petition' here on the forums to log the number of users interested? I'm sure its costly to develop but it might better help the assess the return on that development...(we know they pay attention here when they can).

Not a Noah user myself but good luck :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

there are rumors of the p5 and some others coming out SOON...don't give up hope yet, although nothing is official right now.
wayne

Post by wayne »

i'll be pushing to keep the platform alive - my noah arrives tomorrow :grin:

- still trying to get used to the fact that i will be able to run minimax, b2003, bass through interpole (and maybe a vocoder) simultaneously, live.

happy :smile:

edit - and run it all to the multicore through the a16 - should be an awesome thing live. Then we'll need two :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wayne on 2004-12-07 06:02 ]</font>
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

garyb, where's this rumor from?
quite exciting, but i'm a bit sceptical about the "some others coming out SOON"
just because creamware officially announced just two more plugz for noah when released the eds8i.
but in another hand, i cant find this info on cwaudio's website again. perhaps they changed their mind? would be surprising for we noah users are a "small market" for CW now.

anyway an upcoming p5 would be great!
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Yes, a Prophet 5 would be great! But the unit is so extremely, tremendously deep and powerful as it is, so I guess I won't need more tools for quite some time ... just listen:

I have just routed an aux channel from my Behringer Eurorack to the analog input of the Noah just to conclude that NOAH is also a monster effect unit. I ran my E-mu ESI 4000 sampler through the Noah Aux (Chorus, Delay and Reverb) and added different inserts to that, and WOW ...

So, in addition to providing the best B3 and the best VA synths, it is also a superb fx-unit - I can't ask for more.

Neb
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

I couldn't help but notice that the SDK has some Noah-specific DSP modules :razz:. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking???
Joxer the Mighty

Post by Joxer the Mighty »

Yes please, more Noah devices! Noah is my only link to CWA world now that I'm on a mac. What I wouldn't give for a Noah version of Modular III. (Yes, I know it's impossible.)
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

sts-5000 would be incredible

ahh, dreaming...
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

A sampler for Noah would indeed be sweet - but I think you need RAM (or at least ROM) chips to run one.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

what about using the compact flash allready mounted on noah? Could use a 2gb high speed card to do streaming :wink:

2gb streaming sts for noah... héhé

THAT would be cool

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2004-12-11 19:08 ]</font>
Lacertus

Post by Lacertus »

why not a multi-track recorder while we're at it... Modular III would be great! why is it not possible for NOAH??
I would LOVE to see a *decent* drummachine...
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

come on Lacertus, there are already better than good synths on it, why not a new app? a SAMPLER! hey no need for a computer then :smile:
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

symbiote wrote:
I couldn't help but notice that the SDK has some Noah-specific DSP modules . Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking???
Hey, if Mehdi ported Echo3 to Noah who'd ever need a space echo again? That would be a killer Noah device, although i'm not sure how much DSP it would take.

Mr A
Lacertus

Post by Lacertus »

On 2004-12-12 07:55, legros wrote:
come on Lacertus, there are already better than good synths on it, why not a new app? a SAMPLER! hey no need for a computer then :smile:
My MPC takes care of all my sampling needs... I want synths! P5 looks brilliant! ModIII looks even more brilliant, but a really, really good (modular?) drummachine would mean the end of my TR808 wet dreams... :grin:
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

On second thought; an electric piano for NOAH and Scope would be great. I think I have read somwhere sometime that CW were developing an emulation of the Fender Rhodes or Wurlitzer. If they could come up with a el-piano emulation of the same quality as the B2003, it would be fantastic. I guess the modulation of sustaining notes is quite DSP demanding though - don't know if it is possible at all.

Neb
spoimala

Post by spoimala »

Noah 2 perhaps at january namm ?
Unless they have fixed their MAJOR flaws in NOAH concept, I guess there's no competition between Muse's Receptor and NOAH: Receptor will rule.
Even I, a hardcore CW fan, am now thinking whether to get Receptor or a laptop... btw, which one do you think is better? Laptop could be used as a sequencer and a multitracker also =)
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

I saw the Noah P5 on musiciansgear website and asked them about it. They say it's on Creamwares new pricelist and should be available within 3 weeks.

Remember reading that a CW designer told about a full version of Vectron (instead of the Vectron Player) where you can modify the wavetables etc. That would be quite cool actually!

Truely an Electric Piano simulation would be Killer!

My own dream would be an Elka Synthex emulation. That's something of its own instead of the Pro1 / MiniMoog / Odyssey stream of synths.