any new synths for noah?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Talked to the Creamware guys at Musikmesse. They said that Profit-5 for Noah is almost ready.

Upon my question how many devices for Noah are still planned, they said "a few"...
wayne

Post by wayne »

Well investigated, mate :smile:
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

thanks kyber'
nice work !
arela

Post by arela »

jippy ja ja
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

... jippy jippy ja

Neb
hubird

Post by hubird »

...thanks to the hardware boxes devellopment...I'd say :grin:
glad for you guys :smile:
stefanh

Post by stefanh »

This is exactly the same answer i recieved last september '04

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stefanh on 2005-04-12 02:38 ]</font>
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

It would certainly be great to see the P5 ported to Noah. Now that the ASBs are launched, there might be space for Noah at the developers desks - who knows?

Maybe it is a simpler task to port the "old stuff" to the Noah design? An idea is to port the PRISMA and the U KNOW 007 synths. The Prisma sounds incredibly fat and rich. Why not port all synths from the Synth extension packages?

Neb

Post by 303 »

I have bought a noah last week with the profit 5, prodessey and eds8 included. sadly, it came with only one preset for the profit5. according to creamware there is no possibility to load sfb-profit5 presets into noah and there is no chance to convert them.

are there any other profit5 users with a noah who would like to share there presets?

Thanx in Advance!
Pete
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

Hm, I just noticed that at the Creamware ftp site (ftp.cwaudio.de), there is a no_keys version of Profit5 AND Vectron for NOAH. I don't know if those are final versions waiting to be released or if they are Beta versions. Still, It looks promising!

Neb
soul-synthesis

Post by soul-synthesis »

just installed the nokeys version of vectron on my noah ex. it appears to be working. so i'm guessing it's gonna be free??
R.D. Olivaw

Post by R.D. Olivaw »

?

It's absolutely not working on my unit. The Vectron GUI loads in the remote software, but nothing in the Noah.
BTW that beta profit5 is not "No Key", I tried to install it and both the unit and the remote soft asked me for registration key.
soul-synthesis

Post by soul-synthesis »

yeah profit5 asks for a rego key on my board as well. But vectron works, so that's good :smile:
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Vectron still crashes the Noah quite often. I notised that there seems to be "unlimited" polophony even loaded into just 1 slot or at least no limit in the GUI. Just as with the Profit 5.

Couldn't wait for the Profit 5 release so I bought a PLG150AN for my CS6X but was disapointed by the UI and controlability from Midi so I bought a Korg MS2000 second hand. I really like the sound of that.

But would still buy the Profit 5 when it comes for the Noah.
sharc

Post by sharc »

Yet again CW delivers the goods!

Just been trying out the Noah Vectron (awesome!!). Not sure about unlimited poly tho...I'm getting 14 voices in single mode and 3 voices on 1 slot in multi. It's funny, as I was having a dig at CW about this not too long ago. I never understood why they put the Vectron Player on there, with no way to load presets. So here I was expecting them to come up with a preset convertor at best. Instead we get the full Vectron. :smile:

So to give credit where it's due, a big thanks to CW for this 'un. Now to get some new presets done for it. :smile:
soul-synthesis

Post by soul-synthesis »

been playing with the vectron the last couple of days. what a great synth. yeah i just discovered that it does crash the noah quite a bit -- only when running multiple instances, running/removing it from multi mode etc. Single mode however appears to be stable so far, no crashes yet.

It's obviously not fit for release just yet. Fingers crossed it's free for us loyal noah users :smile:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Wipeout :grin:

Thanks for letting us all know we could try out this wonderfull synth CWA. Thanks loads.

How did this info get out again ?
Nebukadneser

Post by Nebukadneser »

I installed Vectron too, and it works! All changes done in the remote software do change the parameters of the synth engine. Don't know if the wave extract function is implemented. Could still be a beta. I wonder why they make it accessible for all at their public ftp server?

Neb
Jupiter4

Post by Jupiter4 »

So Noah is a bit buggy then? Apart from the Vectron crashes, what else causes the Noah to crash or do other software glitches? Cheers
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

On 2005-10-09 06:59, Jupiter4 wrote:
So Noah is a bit buggy then? Apart from the Vectron crashes, what else causes the Noah to crash or do other software glitches? Cheers
I've never seen the Noah crash, myself. I don't run unsupported software like the full vectron, so I can't vouch for its stability. I have had the Korg Trinity (rompler keyboard) crash on me, about 8 times a year, I get a error trace in the display, I would guess it's C++ or Java or some object-oriented language. But I just power off/on the keyboard and its fine. Live, I've had the trinity occasionally do weird things with MIDI (solved by power-cycling). Haven't had any problems with the Noah live though.

The real strength of the Noah is the quality of its instruments. The real strength of its competitors is the vastly wider range of synths that it can run. I just don't like the sound of VSTi synths as much as I like the sound of a real analog synth, and if I can't get that for under $2000, a Noah. You DO hear the clearness live though - I have a patch from the trinity that does a rotary organ speed-up, slow-down thing, and when I started using the Noah, people commented on how they could hear the leslie speaker effect (to be fair, they were music geeks too). They didn't really notice the trinity doing the same thing, because when an instrument has to compete with others onstage, a lot of details can get buried. That's something you may want to consider - does the instrument you're getting sit nicely in a mix? I had a Roland electric piano in the early 90s, and its piano sound was more authentic when you played it by itself - the trinity's piano sound in comparison has an unnaturally quick decay. But when played with OTHER instruments - the trinity sounds smooth and consisistent, and the Roland sounded a bit blurry and distorted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Liquid Len on 2005-10-09 08:52 ]</font>