MORE xtc problems..

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

hi.. as many others, i have problems with the xtcmode.
1: if go in the asio driver menu in cubase, and click control panel, then, according to the manual, i should be able to rightclick the "sounddriver" bar and chose something, but nothing appears!...

2:if i load cubase sx in xtc mode(withouth loading sfp3.1) i dont see any of the xtc plugins in my vst plugins menu, or any synths for that matter( the folder xtc doesnt even excist in the vst menu when i look in filemanager)..

do the xtc plugins have to be dll format, or is it possible to use the mdl(or whatever) format?.. i dont have any creamware synths, or plugins in dll format!

hope someone can help me

thanks
troels
siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

1) sorry i'm on logic
2) Did you install SFP with xtc activated?
when you install SFP you get to choose which VstPlugins folder to target, choose the LOWER one, leave the upper blank.
the SFP install tends to fail this from time to time but reinstall if neccesary and it'll surely work.
R-type

Post by R-type »

Try reinstalling the 3.1c upgrade. Then go into the devices menu in SX and refresh all your plugins.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

thanks!... i have upgraded, but didnt know about the "lower" plugin installation part..gonna try that!
i have the xtc mode active, and did install it... but when i look in my sx plugins folder (after manually copying the plugins to the vst folder) they fail to load, in the plugins list in sx, they are orange, and unmarked... wich means that they dont work..
do any of you guys have the xtc.ini file?.. i opened a system file in the spf folder, and saw that it reffered to the file xtc.ini wich should be in the VST plugins/XTC/ folder... but i cant find it anywhere on my harddrive..... thank again!