XTC Project problem...

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Hello! :smile:

I have never used the XTC mode of Pulsar, so yesterday I thought I should give it a try. The problem is that I could not make it work very well, because there must be some connection wrong/missing in the XTCProject.pro (plz have a look at http://www.geocities.com/rodos1979/pulsar.html ). Furthermore, I could not find in any place these XTC menus that appear in the SFP Manual in the XTC Mode.
When I pressed in Cubase the Direct Button, I received the following message + no sound: (lets say I loaded the BlueSynth)
"Cannot make connection: pads Bluesynth.Out and Add 64L.In02 are incompatible and no appropriate converter is available" and then the same message with Add 64R.In02
What is the difference between the Direct button flashing blue, green or not flashing at all? What can I do to avoid this message?
Could you please upload a picture of how I should setup the XTCProject so that it works fine?

Thank you :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rodos1979 on 2003-02-08 06:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rodos1979 on 2003-02-08 06:12 ]</font>
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Hello to all! :smile:

I have found half the solution. I copied the XTCProject.pro from the SFP3.1c Installation CD to my HD and then everything worked OK. In Cubase, I went to VST Multitrack and I found the XTC settings windows that appear in the manual. So, everything works fine except that I would like to have a GSIF module loaded in my XTCProject and routed to ASIO dest. So, I went and changed the XTCProject, added the GSIF module, routed it to some ASIO dest channels, and opened Cubase in XTC Mode. Everything worked fine except that again the Direct buttons on the Pulsar synths were giving me the same error.
So, it seems that if you modify the XTCProject, you are not anymore able to play your synths in direct-mode (latency-free). Is that true? Or am I missing something?

Thank you :smile:
zezappa

Post by zezappa »

maybe you'll need the module Directplaymixercontainer connected to asio dest and then you can play/rec in direct mode

it works here the green mode, though not the blue