Problems with Pulsar2/Scope MIDI inside XTC mode

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sym90

Post by sym90 »

Hi,
i have connected a keyboard to pulsar2 midi in. If i use SFP standalone everything works great, but if i work in XTC mode, all the audio works in XTC , but the MIDI doesn't. I have enabled MIDI under XTC control panel. It's confirmed also by the fact that i opened XTCProject.pro and i saw that there is a seq midi dest 1 (software I/O) connected to pulsar2 midiA Source (hardware I/O) . In logic the port is enabled (i already checked win.ini and everything is ok). MIDI Doesn't work in other software too if i work in XTC mode(cubase sx & vst5.1).

Have you got any idea why i have this behaviour ? Isn't it enough to have the midi connected (as in SFP mode) in XTCProject.pro to have midi enabled for XTC?

regards
sYm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sym90 on 2002-12-17 05:33 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

You could custom route MIDI in XTCproject.pro.
sym90

Post by sym90 »

I already did that and midi works inside sfp environment. Not so bad since i do not use midi connection at all, but i would like to connect just an input midi keyboard to pulsar/scope midi in, but i can't find a solution for that. Inside SFP environment all works great. IT seems a problem with the wdm device... if anyone has a solution for this please let me know. Do you use original wdm drivers of 3.1c or the public-beta-wdm driver posted recently on the creamware website ?

regards
sYm
six_wax

Post by six_wax »

Troubleshooting suggestions:
- You say you can pass midi [from hw in to sw in] in SFP mode, correct?
- Can you create a midi loop [hw in to hw out -or- sw out to sw in] and have it function in XTC mode?
- If all of this is still failing you may try a reinstall of your sequencer... In days past I have had VST5 installs that just wouldn't find the Pulsar midi ports.
- WDM drivers? Is this Sonar? What do those have to do with MIDI ports?