Question to mano1 about Audio Mixdown

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

camed

Post by camed »

Helo Mano,

I'm not sure I understand what you said in that other thread about "Mixdown works great now".

Do you mean you got the "Export to audio" thing working, without using the Merge output?

If this is the case, does the bouncing happen in real-time (ie. in the time necessary to play your parts normally) or quicker?

Thanks
mano

Post by mano »

It is working without having to use the MERGE trick, for some reason. Although the MERGE thing works too.

Yes, it renders quickly. Although I don't think I tried to mixdown with Pulsar synths yet... it was KONTAKT, with some pulsar effects.

I dont have much time (my schedule allows me to focus on music only once in a while for a couple of hours) but as soon as I can I'll run some tests and post the results here.

Maybe others can experiment with mixdown and see what they are able to do?
camed

Post by camed »

Ok, I did tests with fx only, then with a synth, the exported audio is completely unusable :sad:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Record from your Merge port in XTC project to ASIO. Do not try to export XTC(i).
silverbucks

Post by silverbucks »

Here is some help. Since I faced the same problem I got the tip to use "TapeIt" to create a mixdown in XTC mode. My tip might be a little old but anyway.... Download the VST plugin "TapeIt" from http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/TapeIt/
It's free. Insert it as last master effect. Now you can create a WAV export (running the song live), level it and give it nay name you want.

B.A
camed

Post by camed »

Just a thought: What if we had an transparent effect that would do nothing, but just force Cubase to do the export at the same rate as the cw i/o cards?

When I find the time and the energy I'll try to have a look at the vst api, it may be possible..
mano

Post by mano »

What if they simply fixed the problem and let XTC device behave EXACTLY like VST devices?

I mean isnt this the obvious thing that people want?

At the end of the day, there is no excuse. Put a bunch of Computer Science PHDs in a room and solve the problem.

Technology should be a block of clay to sculpt at will, not a boulder to carry around and whine about.

That was deep :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mano1.com on 2003-01-04 13:48 ]</font>