XTC Mode: SFP windows vs Cubase windows

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

camed

Post by camed »

This is my first post here, as I've had a Pulsar XTC card for 1 week only, so I'll start with: Hello everybody!

I'm very satisfied with the XTC (big thanks to Gonzoft & friends for the tips), but I'm quite annoyed by the following:

1. The behaviour of the SFP windows (for example windows for editing effects inserted in a Multi FX thing) is unpredictable: if you click on a any Cubase window, all the SFP windows disappear (annoying), and 2 or 3 clicks on the corresponding taskbar buttons are necessary to have them back (more annoying).

2. These same SFP windows do not transmit the key events (PC's keyboard) to Cubase, so for instance if I want to jump to a Cubase marker, I can't do it by just pressing a key, I have to use the mouse, select any Cubase window, which makes the SFP editing window disappear => and now problem #1.

Did anyone find a way to cope with this?
In any case I'm going to post this on the CW forum too..

PS: By the way, I'm running Windows XP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: camed on 2002-12-09 15:38 ]</font>
six_wax

Post by six_wax »

I experience the same behavior. No workaround yet. Not that big of a deal for me tho. Just annoying.

Have you responded to this poll yet?

http://www.d-media.dk/xtc_poll.htm

:razz:
at0m

Post by at0m »

Someone suggested CW should make an interface that controls the XTC dev, like UAD-1 does. The interface is genuine VST(i), not a host/frame like XTC has.

I'm waiting on VST3, hope CW will comply w that some day. I don't know in what VST3 is different, I just hope...