PlanetZ@scopeusers.com

Scope Users Community
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: No DSP placement found
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get Ableton Live working with XTC mode in Scope 5.1. My full setup is as follows:

Windows 7 64-bit
Pulsar 1 + Pulsar 2
Scope 5.1 64-bit
Ableton Live 8 (32-bit host)

I have read the manual and on the forums. I can get sound from Live when running Scope in Standard, non-XTC mode. I then shut down Live and turn on XTC mode in Scope and finally shut down Scope.

I then start up Live and get the first error message saying something about Pulsar not supporting 256 interrupt block size (intBlkSize=256). The error message suggests I remove the intBlkSize line from my cset.ini, which lets me start up Live and run it in XTC mode it seems. I don't get any sound, though, simply because I need an ADAT Dest module for that (that's just the way my gear is wired). Up until this point I have run the default XTC projects with no changes. What I do now is to edit both XTC.pro and XTCProject.pro projects (since I don't know which one it's actually using for XTC mode - better to be safe than sorry, right?) and add an ADAT Dest module and connect one channel from the ASIO In module to one of the ADAT outputs, nothing more - nothing less. Everything else is like the default.

After saving the projects and shutting down Scope in XTC mode and starting Live again I get an error message like: "No DSP placement found". If I disconnect the ADAT module I don't get the error message, meaning I can even have the ADAT module in the project as long as I don't CONNECT it. But as soon as I wire it up I can't load the SCOPE ASIO PCI driver in Live.

Is there any reason why this would not be possible?

At this point I don't care about XTC plugins, I just want to be able to replace my standard Scope project with the same thing running in XTC mode but if I can't route audio to the ADAT outputs then that's a deal-breaker for me.

Any help with this issue is appreciated.

<edit>
I attached a dump of the error message and of my Scope project. The message says that the limit of my cards have been reached, which I highly doubt. How much DSP power does an ADAT module take anyway? ;) The only difference between working and non-working Scope projects is that I added the ADAT module and hooked it up.

Oh, and I rendered a song to file from Live when running the XTC setup without ADAT and sure enough - there is sound. The only thing missing at this stage is output to ADAT :).
</edit>

Thanks,
Tomas

Attachments:
File comment: SCOPE XTC project.
SCOPE.png
SCOPE.png [ 79.45 KiB | Viewed 1303 times ]
File comment: The error message.
error.png
error.png [ 9.19 KiB | Viewed 1303 times ]
 Post subject: Re: No DSP placement found
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 pm 

Am I supposed to just hook everything up to ASIO and then choose a physical output (e.g. ADAT) in the ASIO hardware settings from inside the DAW? That seems to be what the manual is implying. However, that doesn't work - I've never been able to get that dialog up from within live. Also, I don't see any XTC logo during startup. I don't know what that's all about.