Volkssampler on XTC?

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Volkssampler on XTC?

Post by fraz »

Don't think I'vr got Volkssampler on XTC! its not installed and I can't see it anywhere in the system - I'll see if I've got it on another drive but not sure if I do have-

Is this something that is ideally needed for XTC mode? - or something that you would exoect to be installed? - if so would someone leave an attachment? :lol: please......
fraz

Re: Volkssampler on XTC?

Post by fraz »

I did find the STS 200OP backed up so changed its name it .dll but it didn't load in XTC..... :cry: .....well worth a try......getting happier with XTC mode so far as synths can load up in Cubase and Orion..........worth the effort.......hope for some power tips from you folks. :lol:
fraz

Post by fraz »

VolksZampler doesn't work on version 5 of my software in XTC - too bad!
unaHm

Post by unaHm »

I managed to get the STS2000P to work in XTC mode. All I did was to use the VST instrument dll file in the XTCApp folder, copy it to my VST Plugins folder, and give it the same name as the STS2000P device (whilst still keeping the .dll extension).

There are some better descriptions of this solution in this forum, so I apologise for any inaccuracies as I'm not at the machine at the moment. I hope that helps though!
fraz

Post by fraz »

This is the error message I got when VolksZampler showed up in the list for one of the DAW's but wouldn't load----This error is also shown when I try to use STS 2000P----

This pic has been cropped too so should not be too big (I hope)
XTC errors.jpg
XTC errors.jpg (145.88 KiB) Viewed 8094 times
Probably got XTC mode working reasonably well but would like some help for one final push to get it working as well as possible without taking too much more time up-----
unaHm

Post by unaHm »

Did you rename the original STS 2000P.dev to .dll? You shouldn't use that method - rename it back to .dev, and then go into you XTCApp folder. There should be a .dll in there that is named "VST Instrument" or something similar.

Copy THAT file into your VST plugins folder, and make sure the STS 2000P.dev file is in your XTCApp/Devices folder somewhere.

Rename the VST Instrument dll file to STS 2000P.dll, so when you scan for new plugins, it should pick it up.

I personally haven't used the Volkzampler, but that's mainly because the STS 2000P does what I need :-)