Completely stuck

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

koalaboy

Completely stuck

Post by koalaboy »

Okay, so I've slowly been getting used to my 14DSP board for a while, and decided to try XTC mode.

I've enabled it in settings, I've ensured the plugins are there, I've re-installed several times, and still no go. I've read whatever I can, but I'm utterly lost.

This is the latest scope 5.1 on Windows 7 x64.

I fire up scope, and it's fine. I fire up Reaper and select the Scope ASIO driver. I get sound.

I close them both.

I then fire up Reaper again (I think this is what I'm meant to do - fire up the DAW without launching the Scope app), and it hangs. forever.

Is there something really obvious I'm missing ? As I've said, I can use Scope in non-XTC mode without any trouble, but I can't seem to get a handle on what I have to do - several un-installs and re-installs (including removing the drivers - do I have to manually delete any files ??) hasn't seemed to have made any difference.

- as an aside, I always seem to have 8 Scope MIDI input/outputs (which I once created), and no way to remove them... not sure if this is related though.

Anyway, I'd welcome any help.
the19thbear

Re: Completely stuck

Post by the19thbear »

hi.
I seem to remember that XTC mode is not working (yet) in win 7 -64 bit. works fine here in 32 bit. someone please chime in and comfirm that:)

-Have you ticked the XTC mode, in scope settings window? if not - do that. close scope and run your daw again.
-have you opened your xtc project in scope? ( i think its located in XTCapp/bin.. cant remember, but the file is called XTCproject.pro). open that up in scope. and fire up your daw. do you get sound? if not, add asio ins/outs and hardware ins/outs and post an image of your project window.

good luck!
koalaboy

Post by koalaboy »

Thanks.

I've tried both the things you mention.

I think it may be something about 64bit, as I was using Reaper x64, and perhaps the bridging on that doesn't like the 32bit XTC plugins.

Having now tried switching across to Ableton Live, it's mostly working... I'm struggling to get audio, but I can now go and play with the project mappings, as everything is loading up as expected.

Edit: Completely working now... I just have to stay in 32bit hosts.
MD69

Post by MD69 »

about the midi ports: you have to change the number o ports of your scope device driver (properties if i am correct).

cheers
koalaboy

Post by koalaboy »

MD69 wrote:about the midi ports: you have to change the number o ports of your scope device driver (properties if i am correct).
That's the way I increased the number, but when decreasing it again, Windows doesn't seem to 'lose' the extra ones. It's not a huge issue as I'm due to re-install Windows in the next week, but it was surprising that they survive a full un-install of the Scope software and drivers.

Anyway, having found the stability of XTC not 100%, I'm going to stick with the 'normal' mode instead - I've become used to it, and it's manageable until a completely integrated solution is found, that's completely reliable and works under my 64bit hosts.

Thanks for the help.
dante

Post by dante »

Have you looked to see if you have IO Enabler (it was in older versions of Scope) ?

Start menu -> Scope Platform -> IO enabler

If you have this maybe able to turn MIDI ports off.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I had a similar issue once with MIDI ports just increasing each time I added a port, but never disappearing. The XTC Project looked crazy, as XTC mode just kept adding MIDI ports. Ultimately, I uninstalled SCOPE, and even hunted down all drivers and other files to remove absolutely everything (simple uninstall doesn't remove the drivers and stored information from the registry). Then all worked fine.
koalaboy

Post by koalaboy »

Well, I don't have the IO Enabler, and I've been through a complete clean.

However, I think the problem now may be that it adds 8 MIDI ports by default ?? They're in the driver file (which I previously deleted), or at least seem to be.

Anyway, reformat is happening by the weekend, so I'll not worry. Thanks for the ideas.
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

Here scope v5.1, cubase 5.5.3 (64) and windows seven (64) in XTC mode I have no IO in cubase !!!

Do I something wrong ?

thanks

baba
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

First of all: does the xtc logo appear when you start up cubase?
Can you load any xtc plugins?
Post a screenshot of your xtcproject.pro
Have you ticked the "enable xtc mode" in scope?
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

the19thbear wrote:First of all: does the xtc logo appear when you start up cubase?
no
Can you load any xtc plugins?
I don't have still try cause I have no IO first I want to solve this
Post a screenshot of your xtcproject.pro
Have you ticked the "enable xtc mode" in scope?
yes like on the screen
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

If you do your homework and read this entire thread you will see that xtc mode doesn't work in 64bit hosts :) you are using cubase 64...
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

ok ... :cry:

So :

- no XTC mode available for the 64bits
- no Wavelab element 7 available (ok it's not only sonic core responsible ...)

it's sad and annoying to have these limitations.

Fortunately Scope is a great great system I like it very much ! I'm happy to use it in a 64bits environment.