Problem with XTC mode and Cubase

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ArtemArtem

Problem with XTC mode and Cubase

Post by ArtemArtem »

Greetings!

I have several problems with my Scope Fusion Platform V4.0
I was using Scope in XTC mode, but after correcting mistakes in the register of my pc, XTC mode refused to work, however XTCproject file wasn't changed or what ever. Cubase pop up the following message:
'cannot load the application. Please check command line options'
And after I see massage from Scope:
'Scope Fusion Platform is not running'
I tried to uninstall Scope software, but I am receiving the following message:
Installation no found - error. So I cannot uninstall the software and install it again.
I've been using this card for long time already, but this is the first time I am experiencing such problems.
What might be the solution for my problems?

Thank you.

Regards,
Artem
next to nothing

Re: Problem with XTC mode and Cubase

Post by next to nothing »

First and easiest solution would be to backup your current installation (just create a .zip and store it a safe place) and install SFP on top of existing installation. This will not remove anything, but if you have reworked your xtcproject the you need to replace that one with the one from your backup.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Forgot to mention that you should ofcourse re-install drivers as well...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

I reinstalled, but problem was not solved. Thats why I decided to ask here for help.
dante

Post by dante »

What version of Windows are you running ? If its XP or later, you might be able to use System Restore to a point before you made the registry changes.
View ScopeRise latest issue at www.hitfoundry.com
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

I have XP professional with Service pack2 installed.
And how to restore the system exactly before registry changes?
at0m

Post by at0m »

ArtemArtem wrote:How to restore the system exactly before registry changes?
Restore the backup the registry cleaner took before you started wiping ;p
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

Not sure I got you.
at0m

Post by at0m »

A good registry cleaner should (if only optionally) create a .reg file that you can double-click and thus restore the changes in case you want to undo. Do you have such a restore option in your reg cleaner? Then restore the registry...

For some reason (admittedly, I haven't used one for ages) registry cleaners like to remove ASIO from the registry. Quite annoying to run that on a DAW!
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

No, I deleted that registry cleaner software.
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

I tried to restore the system, but unfortunetly I can restore system only to todays date. So I guess it has no use.
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

So, considering that registry cleaner removed my DAW from registry and there is no chance to restore the system, whta is the solution then? Format my system?
at0m

Post by at0m »

ArtemArtem wrote:So, considering that registry cleaner removed my DAW from registry and there is no chance to restore the system, whta is the solution then? Format my system?
As Next To Nothing suggested: Reinstall Scope - or just the drivers; see here...
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

As Next To Nothing suggested: Reinstall Scope - or just the drivers; see here...[/quote]

I reinstalled Scope several times already, but the result was always the same. And I still cannot uninstall it even after reinstallation.

Moreover, I've notice the following thing, which reinstallation doesn’t sort out.
When I start my pc, Scope is started as well. After, I close Scope application in order to run Cubase and work in xtc mode, I get the following message: 'Scope Fusion Platform is not running'.
However, when I check for devices in Cubase setup, I still can see Asio scope in the list.
I close Cubase and start Scope again, however when I look at the Scope rooting window, at the very top of it, where u have those bricks with titles like effects, midi , mixer, tools, hardware, software etc, I noticed that almost all the options are missing. I can see only hardware and software bricks on the top, if u got what I am talking about. This leads me to thinking that scope still is not functioning properly. But when I turn off pc and start it again, all the bricks are there.
Weird.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Right-Click "My Computer" > Manage > Device Manager > remove Scope drivers, then detect new hardware to force-reinstall the drivers. I suspect the 'simple' reinstall would check for the drivers, which it finds, and doesn't properly re-register them.
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

Thank you very much for your advice, but as soon as I try to delete the driver, I get the mmc.exe application error 0xc0000409 and 0x7795644e (
at0m

Post by at0m »

ArtemArtem wrote:Thank you very much for your advice, but as soon as I try to delete the driver, I get the mmc.exe application error 0xc0000409 and 0x7795644e (
You did close VST hosts and Scope, right? If it doesn't work from Device Manager, I'd try removing the files listed under Device Manager > ... > Scope card > Driver > Driver Details, reboot, then re-run the SetupDriverScopePci.exe which you find in [Scope install folder]\Driver\...
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

yes, i managed to delete the driver as u said, then i reinstalled the driver and scope software. but when i luched scope i faced the same problem with missing bricks. with scope start up i only have hardware io and software io, nothing more. start up project doesnt contain mixer and i have no place to choose it from. really weird.
at0m

Post by at0m »

That's weird eh. Can you load devices from explorer? Must be cset.ini screwing up the menu... Do the paths correspond there? This one makes up the Routing Window's menu:

[StaticPath]
Devices=D:\Scope5/Devices/

How about your orig. problem - does Cubase find the ASIO Scope drivers now?
ArtemArtem

Post by ArtemArtem »

This is amazing. Scope tells me that my software is not suitable for my hardware anymore. And I am trying to install from the cd which I got with my card. System asks me show the path to the following file: scScope.sys, but on my cd I got only cwScopeProp.dll and scope files.