Scope V5 and FL Studio compatibility

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

grprdr

Scope V5 and FL Studio compatibility

Post by grprdr »

I'm going to buy a 14DSP Pro card with Scope v5, but working mostly in FL Studio. So, I'm wondering, is Scope XTC compatible with FL Studio, especially if I'm planning to use lots of automation? I've read related topics on the forum, but whole the situation with FL is not yet clear to me... Have anyone a good experience working with XTC and FL with lots of automation?
maky325

Re: Scope V5 and FL Studio compatibility

Post by maky325 »

grprdr wrote:I'm going to buy a 14DSP Pro card with Scope v5, but working mostly in FL Studio. So, I'm wondering, is Scope XTC compatible with FL Studio, especially if I'm planning to use lots of automation? I've read related topics on the forum, but whole the situation with FL is not yet clear to me... Have anyone a good experience working with XTC and FL with lots of automation?
There i a thread here: http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=28742

I'll keep you updated there. I am in close contact with the developer of FL Studio and we talk about this. The thing is that developer behind FL Studio postponed this fix because he was focused on developing FL Studio v9.5. Now FL Studio 9.5 is in public beta testing phase and it will be released shortly. Developer promised that then he will look in to the issue.

Until then FL Studio is not playing Scope in XTC. No chance.
grprdr

Post by grprdr »

mpodrug wrote: There i a thread here: http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=28742

I'll keep you updated there. I am in close contact with the developer of FL Studio and we talk about this. The thing is that developer behind FL Studio postponed this fix because he was focused on developing FL Studio v9.5. Now FL Studio 9.5 is in public beta testing phase and it will be released shortly. Developer promised that then he will look in to the issue.

Until then FL Studio is not playing Scope in XTC. No chance.
Thank you for the reply!
But I still don't understand which is the error: Scope in XPC doesn't work with FL at all, or there is a special bug with "fixed size buffers" (used mostly for delay compensation purposes)?... I found that some native VSTs also requires "fixed size buffers" option for its proper work, but when it is set, all become to work correctly...

And another moment: problems occur with FL 9 only or with older versions too?
maky325

Post by maky325 »

fixed size buffer is not used for delay compensation it is used to get better compatibility with some plugins. You can read that in manual. Scope XTC does not work in a way once when something from Scope is loaded it will produce weird song and hanging notes. Fix is on the way.

Scope XTC worked in FL Studio 7 then something messed up compatibility. You can still use SFP mode just as you want. Once when fix is done i'll report it here.
quantum

Post by quantum »

I don't know about Scope 5.0, but I use Scope 4.0 XTC with FL 8 all the time with and so far have reached about 15 samples, 20 automations, 10 fx, and 5 vsti's. My tracks are about 8 minutes. And it's always clocked at 48Khz by an external AD. The latency is at 24ms which is totally fine and actually a good way to avoid any errors. However if you produce at 96Khz, it will eat up more CPU, DSP, and memory, but it's worth it if you have the PLUS I/O or a decent external AD.