Loading Modular patches in XTC

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maky325

Loading Modular patches in XTC

Post by maky325 »

Title say it all. I know that Modular is possible in XTC. My question is can you load specific patches in Modular when Modular is running in XTC.
maky325

Re: Loading Modular patches in XTC

Post by maky325 »

Not possible?
Janni

Post by Janni »

afaik no. The only thing I tried to manage is loading a modpatch into the XTC project (and leave it's surface open). Then you can load different presets of that patch or create a new one...
But maybe someone gets wolf's mixer to work in XTC (mod inserts in EVERY channel) but that's
more or less only for fx, not synths.
BUT: you can make a vst plugin from EVERY single modular patch... some work must be done but
if I remember right, I got this running some months ago...
-/-
Janni

Post by Janni »

here we go ;-) just the 'normal' xtc tweeking:
modular xtc.gif
modular xtc.gif (92.45 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
ahh... some grfx bugs? doesn't matter... modules can be dragged from expoler ;-)
-/-
maky325

Post by maky325 »

I am dumb (as usual) so i don't understand what is that picture trying to say? I can do all that with "MultiFX S" or i am not getting whole picture of this?!?!?? Please could you explain better. Thanks for your efforts :D
Janni

Post by Janni »

I just made my 'standart' modular patch (yes, only fx, no synthpatch) an synth VST.
It doesn't matter what kind of patch you use. Simply take one of SCs standart dlls (there are mono fx, stereo fx and synth) rename it exactly like the patch you want to use (in my case 'empty modular')
and if needed, edit your vst-config.

1. Save your modular synth patch into the same directory as the 'normal' synths are. This way you don't have to edit the vst-config...
2. Take the VSTSynth.dll (app/bin) and rename it exactly like the mod patch. just leave .dll instead of .dev
3. Put that .dll into your vst-xtc-plugin folder
4. rescan vsts and ready...
-/-
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Got it! Thanks. It's not an easy solution but it is workaround indeed. Thanks!

Hopefully they'll address this somehow.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Hi janni. I've managed to run Modular as Synth and FX in XTC mode. Kinda cool. I don't have graphic problems as on your picture though. But i can't use that menu either. How do you open that browser for loading modules? Can you tell me is there any way i can set up modular to not ask for preset saving whenever i try to close Modular or my Host application?
voidar

Post by voidar »

Tried this yesterday. Very cool!

One thing though, if you want to process audio, the plugin passes a dry signal aswell, and there is nothing you can do about it.
Might be a workaround with REAPER if you output the audio through outs 3-4.

Are the patches recalled up on project reload?

mpodrug: In your Scope directory there will be a folder with modulare files. mdl-extension. Just drag whatever module into the modular window.