reaper: message: "exception: x-value < 0.0"

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

goonstudios

reaper: message: "exception: x-value < 0.0"

Post by goonstudios »

I'm using a 14 DSP-card with Reaper, and i have unlocked Vinco and PsyQ and some other stuff by using the renamed "generic" .dll files. Everything worked fine for some time until, when loading a project i'm working on right now, i get the message named "exception" that says "x-value < 0.0". This happens right after the PsyQ Plugin is loaded into the project.

This error affects the "gain"-value of PsyQ and the "input"-value of Vinco (at least that's what i know 'til now), both knobs are at the minimum value, and that's not the value that was saved with the project.

I already tried using different "generic" .dll's and putting the DSP-card into another PCI-slot but the problem persists.

Thanks for any help!!!
astroman

Re: reaper: message: "exception: x-value < 0.0"

Post by astroman »

if the setup once worked, it's probably your XTC-project file that's corrupted.
Project files are quite complex internally and this can happen, I've had that in 'regular' Scope mode as well.
Not exactly the same, but some devices just didn't work properly.
Rename (or move) the file and make a new XTC project, then add Psycho and if the error persists, well... then it wasn't the project file... :D

cheers, Tom
voidar

Re: reaper: message: "exception: x-value < 0.0"

Post by voidar »

I think this happens if you save your project after the "ScopeDrv:" error associated with multi-core or HT.