FL Studio 9 & XTC Scope 5.0 Problems

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

iSiStOy

Re: FL Studio 9 & XTC Scope 5.0 Problems

Post by iSiStOy »

You could also give a try to this (for Vista but anyway...):
When you install pro tools software it also installs the drivers for the hardware. I set FLS 8.exe to "run as administrator" in Vista and the problem is solved.
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

Iv just figured something out and got it to work but the sound quality is bad, i will do a little more research then post my results
maky325

Post by maky325 »

rez6286 wrote:Iv just figured something out and got it to work but the sound quality is bad, i will do a little more research then post my results
Just spotted this. FYI i am using FL Studio 9 and XTC is working for me without any error (apart from dual/quad core bug).
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

well i gave up on fl 9 a long time ago but wouldnt mind know how to do it if you have a solution, so what did u do and how do you use yours because its still scratchy on mine
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

By the way what operating system do yo have because I have windows 7
maky325

Post by maky325 »

rez6286 wrote:By the way what operating system do yo have because I have windows 7
Hi matte! Win 7 and XP on another machine. Everything working. I did nothing special. Just installed standard XTC mode. I even enabled (on XP machine) XTC without installation procedure by following steps here and it is running. So in short you shouldn't do anything special it should work right out of the box - HOWEVER:

FL Studio is having some major problems WITH FL Studio wrapper and DSP solutions overall(i wonder which version of wrapper you have?). Wrapper is basically their solution to wrap VST effects and instruments inside FL Studio. andsometimes you have to use "fixed size buffers" option inside FL Studio wrapper to make anything DSP (uad, duende etc.) working normally.

Yesterday I've updated my FL Studio to version 9.1 (public beta available at their official forum..now with full automatic PDC wheee) and i am having problems with wrapper again. So i have XTC mode running but synths and effects aPowercore and Soniccore(me) DSP solution are having problems with newest update and developer is looking into the issue. From my experience it is just question of days and it will work again. I'll keep you updated in this thread. Once when they solve issue i'll confirm that everything is working.
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

Oh ok thanks man, I really appreciate the help because ive had this post up for a while and have gotten no feedback so I will tell my friends so they can try it also because mine is still not working in fl studio 9 but I will continue to try new things and keep everyone posted, btw it does work perfect in Albeton Suite 8
maky325

Post by maky325 »

rez6286 wrote:Oh ok thanks man, I really appreciate the help because ive had this post up for a while and have gotten no feedback so I will tell my friends so they can try it also because mine is still not working in fl studio 9 but I will continue to try new things and keep everyone posted, btw it does work perfect in Albeton Suite 8
Yes i know. And it is working perfectly soundwise in Cubase. Just FL Studio is affected. I have open topic at FL Studio forum and i am in constant conversation with developer. He will fix it then i'll update this thread.
rez6286

Post by rez6286 »

ok cool man thax
maky325

Post by maky325 »

rez6286 wrote:ok cool man thax
I am happy to inform you that XTC but in FL Studio is fixed. There is new wrapper at ImageLine forum which fixed all issues with Scope XTC and FL Studio. After so many testing and posting results issue is finally gone forever. Wrapper is created for public beta FL Studio 9.5 - if you don't have it yet then you should download latest FL Studio and be sure to install this wrapper version. Note that this wrapper will be included in real official FL Studio 9.5 so you don0t have to worry about it.

To work properly you need to have fixed size buffers enabled and ticked "use block size as buffer size". Also make sure that you enable fully automatic plugin delay compensation(part of new FL 9.5 mixer) and you are set.

Here is the changelog in wrapper:

version 2.1.7.80 (2010/08/02)

How to install
1. download the attached zip file
2. extract its contents into the FL 9.5 beta folder (usually "c:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 9.5 beta")

Changes
(2.1.7.80)
- fixed saving wrapper options when plugin is removed
- added option for fixed size buffers to solve buffer size for Sonic Core plugins

(2.1.7.61)
- now keeps the i/o assignments of a bridged plugin when saving it

(2.1.7.60)
- support interfaceless VST3 plugins
- set correct name for VST3 with multiple plugins
- fixed loading of some settings from older files (fixes cpu usage for example)
- fixed freezing when loading project with bridged Crystal VST

And here is the link for the new wrapper if you can't wait official release. Note that this wrapper will be included in official 9.5 release.: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=55823
Attachments
fl-xtc.jpg
fl-xtc.jpg (90.37 KiB) Viewed 3098 times