dualcore and XTC mode

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maky325

Re: dualcore and XTC mode

Post by maky325 »

Update: I am attaching screenshot of error which is happening once when i ENABLE all of my cores through windows task manager. note that XTC and SB404 automation worked on single CPU core. As soon as i enable all four cores i get this message and i can only kill application.
Attachments
Scope-cpu.jpg
Scope-cpu.jpg (167.17 KiB) Viewed 5564 times
maky325

Post by maky325 »

stardust wrote:Thanks for detailing.
As said in another thread the XTC/VSTIM host integration is by far not 'well' and this is one of these examples.

You are right I have the same error with any plugin when trying to use recorded VST automation data from the sequencer's VST parameter track.
I did not recognise a relation to core number to this awkward error.

So XTC works, but yes the VST automation does NOT.
My workaround has been Midi CC.
And I agree that this is not how it should be.

I fear that SC is paying not enough attention to host integration up to now.
Thanks for your confirmation and for your time. IMO VST Automation works but it will crash any host application. It is jsut not stable in any way on multicore configuration. I've sent them mail about this almost year ago. Or maybe more or less. My english is pretty bad but i was pretty clear that time. IMHO someone from this board should make another bug report, pointing to this thread and explaining all in details but simple story at the same time. "the19thbear" where are you man? 8)

So maybe SC can fix this and build it for next release.
voidar

Post by voidar »

mpodrug wrote:Update: I am attaching screenshot of error which is happening once when i ENABLE all of my cores through windows task manager. note that XTC and SB404 automation worked on single CPU core. As soon as i enable all four cores i get this message and i can only kill application.
I get this error at times on playback If HT is enabled. So yes, XTC mode has problems with multi-core or hyper threading. There should be no doubt about this and S|C should not claim otherwise.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

voidar wrote:
mpodrug wrote:Update: I am attaching screenshot of error which is happening once when i ENABLE all of my cores through windows task manager. note that XTC and SB404 automation worked on single CPU core. As soon as i enable all four cores i get this message and i can only kill application.
I get this error at times on playback If HT is enabled. So yes, XTC mode has problems with multi-core or hyper threading. There should be no doubt about this and S|C should not claim otherwise.
I've sent them email today and it seems that they are aware of this. Here is SC response:

thank you very much for the details.

We want to fix this while doing the 64 Bit version anyway.

The bug seems to come from older Microsoft code which was included for
some parts of the Scope 5.0 versions.

Regards,

So..we are waiting in hope :)
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Here is what Ralf Said:
Hi Troels,

thank you, you´re right.

But until 64 Bit is not ready, we can not go on with other changes.
These things are on our list.

Regards,
Ralf

:)