What is wrong with this, please?

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Atomic Marshmallow

What is wrong with this, please?

Post by Atomic Marshmallow »

Hi again,

This is in reference to another thread in another section.

I have tried to get XTC mode going, but no luck yet. I have spent quite a bit of time trawling through the pages in the XTC section of the forum, but it seems that some files I need are no longer there ( I am using 4.5, maybe it is btter with version 5). I haven't tried any of the .dll tricks yet. All I want for now is sound. I hear nothing. No doubt it is the way I have configured it, but I don't know what is wrong. I'll post a picture of how I have it set up in the XTC section.

I hope I can get it working as I feel I may prefer to use XTC mode.

Here is a screenshot:

Thanks
Attachments
XTC.JPG
XTC.JPG (97.38 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
voidar

Re: What is wrong with this, please?

Post by voidar »

The mixer works if you rename it to .MDL extension in your file browser. Be sure to drag the new .MDL into the project. You need to configure it and make sure it works before saving the project.

DirectPlay... you need if you want to listen to synths latency free. I don't think you need anything going into it though. You should only need one monitoring output from yuor DAW. Delete the connections to DirectPlay and route everything to Merge. I think Merge will "magically" route audio to DirectPlay.

If you get it to work and the direct button on synths in XTC mode doesnt work, something is wrong, and you will need to start with a fresh project copied directly from the install files.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Dó you get the xtc logo when you start your daw?
Atomic Marshmallow

Post by Atomic Marshmallow »

the19thbear wrote:Dó you get the xtc logo when you start your daw?

No. I don't. But I see an audio signal going into Ableton but in channels I have nothing connected to. Weird.

I did see an example XTC project supplied by Chisel in this thread:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28589

On the weekend I'll duplicate it with some minor variations and see if it works for me.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Just to make sure. Did you tick the enable xtc mode box?
Did you close scope before opening your daw? Otherwise xtc mode wont load.

If you dont get the xtc logo when your daw starts up it has something to dó with your files being weirs. Not the xtcproject.Pro

Make sure you check the 2 first things above. And if it still doesnt work, dó a clean install.

Have a Nice Day!
pollux

Post by pollux »

scope plugs in XTC need to be "opened" (GUI visible) while the DAW identifies them as VSTs (on plugin scan).
This is a big issue with Sonar (there is a weird registry key that needs to be changed, and scan the plugins on DAW startup, otherwise they are not found).

Reaper recognizes them instantly.. if you can use XTC with Reaper, then you'll know it's a config issue with Live.. otherwise, there's something wrong with your XTC setup :)