The Integration Of The VST

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nightscope

The Integration Of The VST

Post by nightscope »

I'm trying in vain to get the VST Integration mode into the game.

The manual is a trifle sketchy, "tick the box" and get on with it.

I have ticked the box and loaded the default XTCProject.pro. Closed and restarted Scope. The Scope.dll's are in their assigned VST folder and the path is correct in cset.ini as [SEQPATH] Path1=C:\VST Scope. I've rescanned the .dll's in Samplitube and they are in the VST menus. With Scope already running when I open Samplitude I get the message that "XTC plugs are not available while another Scope application is running".

If I close that error box with an OK and load a Scope VST .dll the registration box comes up. But there are no cards indentified in it, just a blank.

To cut a long story short, "Wazzup?".:-?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. I have seen these rather nice Scope boxes in the documentation that have XTC on them but I have yet to see one appear even though I have "ticked the box" on numerous occasions. I am definitely missing something vital here.

ns

PS [10 minutes later.] The missing information may be how to "start the sequencer from the Live Bar. Otherwise Standard Mode is active."
Attachments
VSTINT.jpg
VSTINT.jpg (6.4 KiB) Viewed 3482 times
XTCProject_pro.jpg
XTCProject_pro.jpg (30.66 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
Last edited by nightscope on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
the19thbear

Re: The Integration Of The VST

Post by the19thbear »

You cannot have scope running while using xtc mode.
Close scope and reopne your daw software. :)
pollux

Post by pollux »

if you are running it on Vista or Win7, you have to run the sequencer with admin privileges, otherwise it won't be able to load the dlls
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

the19thbear wrote:You cannot have scope running while using xtc mode.
Close scope and reopne your daw software. :)
How bloody stupid!! Who thought that one up. :D

Many thanks, 19Bears. I have done that and the plugs are coming up. The XTC box is located and we are online. I shall now move on to more advanced stuff like getting some sound happening.

ns
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

pollux wrote:if you are running it on Vista or Win7, you have to run the sequencer with admin privileges, otherwise it won't be able to load the dlls
I'm still with the XP. But that's worth knowing for when I get the Vindows 7 running. Cheers.

ns
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

So, if I'm not very much mistaken, I have to create a new XTProject.pro with all the various in's & out's that I'll be using. That's the plan.

ns
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

exactly :)
Happy xtc-ing!
- by the way: you can also use any mixer you need in xtc mode.
Just load it into your xtcproject and leave the mixer visible (open) when you save your project.
It will pop up when you open your daw.
(and you can use modular 3 as an instrument vst in xtc mode as well.. Do a search for "renaming trick" in the xtc forum)
:)
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

We have sound. :)

Stand down.

ns
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

the19thbear wrote:exactly :)
Happy xtc-ing!
- by the way: you can also use any mixer you need in xtc mode.
Just load it into your xtcproject and leave the mixer visible (open) when you save your project.
It will pop up when you open your daw.
(and you can use modular 3 as an instrument vst in xtc mode as well.. Do a search for "renaming trick" in the xtc forum)
:)
Wooha!! I was wondering about Modular. I've just mapped my new Zero SL Mk2 to the U007 in about half a second with Automap.

ns
microraver

Post by microraver »

Ok, did a few test and everything seems to be ok , the new XTC mode works ! just had to make a few vst.dll for Minimax, Profit-5 , Vinco ,PsyQ ...... and adjust the cset.ini for the xtc latency ! [XTC-Config] intBlkSize=256

Also had to reset the Vst audio system and reconfig my VST Connection in Cubase !

Have also the miniscope bug and a to big sc-sl 9000 , everything else is working !

Thx Sonic Core !

P.L.U.R
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
http://soundcloud.com/dominium
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

How does the Automap work. I just got an AKAI MPK49, and I am have to assign all the controllers manually, one at a time. Does the feature in the Novation really work that fast...I might just have to buy one myself...
Any input would be valuable..
Thanking you in advance....rhythm section first! :wink:
Joel
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

netguyjoel wrote:fast...
Attachments
ff.jpg
ff.jpg (37.19 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

More to come, information that is.

ns
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

netguyjoel wrote:How does the Automap work. I just got an AKAI MPK49, and I am have to assign all the controllers manually, one at a time. Does the feature in the Novation really work that fast...I might just have to buy one myself...
Any input would be valuable..
Thanking you in advance....rhythm section first! :wink:
Automap works instantly. You have your original VST .dll's. Automap has a plugin manager which you point at your various VST directories, wherever they may be. AM then produces a list of all the VST's and VSTi's that is has scanned. Then you choose which ones you want to function with Automap. Those are then wrapped by AM and another version of any .dll is produced which will show up in your host's VST menus, alongside the normal ones. The normal ones can be removed manually by invading the VST directories and, erm, removing them if required.

When you then load an Automapped version of any plug a display pops up on the screen showing the mappings in a template layout of the hardware and any control assignments. This display can be toggled from the hardware at any time in the proceedings to show what's what and where. AM will use any parameters that are VST automatable, any that the plugin developer has written into the software. Which, on the whole, is almost all of them. Very, very few controls are missing and that depends on the individual plugin. When an AM plug is first loaded the controls are assigned to the hardware in the order that the developer put them in which might not suit how you want to have them. So you'll probably want to adjust them to taste, but changing them is very easy and rapid. Because.........

The Zero SL Mk2 comes with Automap Pro, which normally costs about $30 unless it's bundled with a Novation hardware product. Many have wrent their garments about having to cough up 30 shekels for this extra but it is well worth it. The really good thing about the Pro version is that is supports drag and drop. So instead of labouriously fiddling around with each individual control desperate not to make a mistake because you'll have to go through it again if you change your mind; you can move things around quickly in a jiffy with grace and good humour. Most excellente. Saves a great deal of time and hassle. Pro also supports keyboard commands and keyboard command strings. So you can assign keys to controls or whatever you can find. Also this mouse thing when you press the Speed Dial and whatever the cursor is over on the screen can then be controlled by said Speed Dial. Speed Dial is normally used for whizzing through presets or changing the various templates when in normal CC control mode.

You also get a free Bass-Station, so I can be a rip hopper and hang with the brothas. And, amazingly, a free Xcite. No, really. Now this is really going to piss off the early adoptors, :D

Xcite+ bundle ships free with SL Mk II and consists of the following:

Ableton Live 7 Lite software (DAW)

502MB of Mike the drummer drum loops - Quality live drum loops -

Novation Bass-station synth

Loopmasters Samples library consisting of1GB of royalty free samples

See, no expense spared. Mike the drummer, no less. With "Quality" loops, none of yer average, ragamuffin loops. And Ablecrumb with a whopping 8 tracks to go at. :(

The Zero is good. I was thinking in the car after I picked it up, "I bet this won't work." Works fine. I mean, I loaded U007 as a tester and there it was ready to go. All the parameters are displayed on the blue LED across the top. Let the tweaking begin. Automap is hot because it saves literally days of mapping on my other controllers.

ns
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Mike can have his loops...I got mine... :wink:
But the SL seems to be the right choice....
I gotta talk to my brotha Tony @ NovaMusik.com...I see an SL in my future... :wink:
Thanks ns...cheers... :)
Joel
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

nightscope wrote:I'm trying in vain to get the VST Integration mode into the game.

The manual is a trifle sketchy, "tick the box" and get on with it.

I have ticked the box and loaded the default XTCProject.pro. Closed and restarted Scope. The Scope.dll's are in their assigned VST folder and the path is correct in cset.ini as [SEQPATH] Path1=C:\VST Scope. I've rescanned the .dll's in Samplitube and they are in the VST menus. With Scope already running when I open Samplitude I get the message that "XTC plugs are not available while another Scope application is running".

If I close that error box with an OK and load a Scope VST .dll the registration box comes up. But there are no cards indentified in it, just a blank.

To cut a long story short, "Wazzup?".:-?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. I have seen these rather nice Scope boxes in the documentation that have XTC on them but I have yet to see one appear even though I have "ticked the box" on numerous occasions. I am definitely missing something vital here.

ns

PS [10 minutes later.] The missing information may be how to "start the sequencer from the Live Bar. Otherwise Standard Mode is active."
Yes, Scope needs to run in the background unopened AFAIK.
Haven't tested VST with Samplitude yet, since I haven't used VST for years - so I'll be watching your progress. :wink:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3