Cubase SX The project is corrupt or needs to much memory!

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Kenf

Cubase SX The project is corrupt or needs to much memory!

Post by Kenf »

Hi,
I have just started to encounter is problem after years of my system working OK. I am using Cubase SX 3.1 and Scope 4 with a pulsar and Elektra. When ever I load any creamware plugin it works fine but when I try and save the SX projesct I get the error...
The project could not be saved because:
The project is corrupt or needs to much memory!
No new project could be created.

I found this using the search http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... upt+memory

But no real answer to the problem. I have made sure all folders are not read only.

Can someone please help as it's driving me nuts!

Thanks

Kenf
Kenf

Re: Cubase SX The project is corrupt or needs to much memory!

Post by Kenf »

Has anyone got any ideas please??
cortone

Post by cortone »

kenf,

I have had this occur with SX3, I think that I could re-save it under a different name, but may be wrong abut that. I know I've had some that I could not recover, just don't remember if it was this particular issue.

It is not a Scope problem as far as I can tell. I have had problems with the default Scope projects getting set to read-only, and can overcome that with the suggestions from the other thread.

Have you tried disabling the sample rate in Scope? Set it to 'External' and then select an input that has no input. You will see '--' in the sample rate box when it is disabled. You'll get all kinds of unhappy errors in Cubase, just click through them. I have no idea whether this will help, I suspect not, but it's something to try.

Have you searched the Cubase forums? I think the best help will be available there.

Cory
Kenf

Post by Kenf »

Hi cortone, I have searched around but no concrete answer. Some plugins save OK. Masterverb does but not Masterverb Classic. Transient Designer saves OK. I suspect it is not a Cubase problem as I also have the problem in a stand alone softsynth Vaz modular, most plugins will not save. I have just searched this forum for "projects getting set to read only" and can't find any information... Can you remember where you saw it?

Thanks for yor help. I guess I'll have to stop using the creamware plugins. I did really like the Masterverb Classic....

Regards
Kenf
cortone

Post by cortone »

kenf,

Do you work in XTC mode? I've never really used it, so can't offer any advice about it. Because this has recently begun to occur, and you are also getting it in a stand-alone app, there's something at the OS level that is going haywire.

Does this happen to any SX file, or just a particular one? Can you save the file if you remove all the Scope plugs?

Have you looked at the SX file read-only status specifically, not just the folder that it is in?

The link in your initial post is the one I am referring to, but I'm surprised there aren't others on PlanetZ. Maybe just search for 'read only'?

If you are in XTC mode, can you try just standard mode? I can't really help converting your project file from XTC style to standard, but I'm sure somebody can. I wonder if you could reclaim the usage of the Scope plugs this way. I guess it slows your work-flow some and is less convenient, but I essentially build a default standard mode Scope project file, then modify it for a specific SX project and save it in a different folder with the same name as the SX 'song.' I use the routing window as a good overview, which suits my old hardware ways. The penalty is a couple of extra clicks of the mouse.

Cory
Kenf

Post by Kenf »

Thanks cortone. I have solved it. I deleted Scope then 'cleaned' my registry. I found a few references to Scope which I removed. I then re-installed scope and it works again. I had re-iinstalled Scope a number of times without cleaning my registry...
Regards
Kenf
cortone

Post by cortone »

Great news, kenf.

And, I guess I can answer one of my own questions about whether you are using XTC mode...your question is in the XTC forum! I always use the "active topics" link, so didn't pay close enough attention to the forum I was responding to.

Cheers,
Cory
Kenf

Post by Kenf »

I do like to use XTC mode... I tend to use Cubase's mixer so it makes life easy to be able to insert effects... I have considered using the Scope mixer but think there are more important parts in the recording chain to getting a good sound rather than Cubase's or the Creamware mixers. I use an external mixer to monitor.... Maybe I should try the Creamware method sometime.... I'm sure it is good as I think most of their stuff is.... I love the Optimaster!