Queries & Uncertainties

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

Queries & Uncertainties

Post by fraz »

Hi there Scopers... :lol: ,,,,,

I've been reading through some of the posts here and it seems I may have learned something new today about the way the XTC works with the Scope cards. I don't have any DAW available for the next number of weeks due to refurb and Scope is in storage till later in the year so I can't try anything out yet but I can SWAT up on it.... :lol: ...so when I can get going again I'm ready........ :D ........

OK, I didn't realise that there is an XTC project that can be altered to your liking / desires when the full SFP mode is running...... :-?......for use with XTC when full SFP mode isn't running........... :)

From previous use of XTC there was a latency of 26ms approx with the ASIO driver which was un-use-able so I didn't bother with it much.........However today I read that you can configure the XTC project in SFP mode for use with a direct sound driver and output VSTi's via ADAT outs etc......is this correct??? :-? - Here I get confused as it's new territory again.....

Another question and it's probably been asked before :P ......sorry folks......do people use other audio interfaces whilst using XTC mode???.....I'll leave the questions here for now and wait to see what comes back in term of replies........ :lol: ..........
fraz

Re: Queries & Uncertainties

Post by fraz »

Hi,

I've found a manual for XTC which has explained one or two things like the direct button on the XTC VST synths themselves to bypass Cubase etc....for live play...... Anyhow I'm looking forward to using XTC more and it may be an idea to have a running Scope study (in the appropriate forum) on this unless one has already been done!!! -

The ability to use some Scope mixers in XTC mode (I read this somewhere)......this sounds fab...... :D ........Also I read elsewhere people renaming....... .devs into .dll which seems very interesting also....... :lol: ......what is the extent of this??? - I've obviously got some way to go on the Scope......... :lol: ............gee it's pretty damn deep....... :o

Edit_

DAS - Hvae found an XTC mixer..... :lol:
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

you can edit your xtcproject.pro, in sfp mode to make a setup complete with latency free monitoring.. thats what i have done.
And before you can use any of the mixers in xtc mdoe you have to rename the to *.mdl

But take a look at the xtc manual and follow that. and when you hit a wall ( and you will!!) ask us :)
XTC takes a bit of understanding to set up, but once it works, its WAY good!
fraz

Post by fraz »

To configure the SFP project this I can do to an acceptable level.....so the XTC project is along the same lines isn't it?

The renaming you talk about of the mixers - Can most of them be changed?

The cards I have also have I/O so in XTC mode can you use the ins to record?????? - Or is it the idea to use another audio card / mixer????
starcorp

Post by starcorp »

i would suggest to you:
start with an xtc project like this.
only 16 asio souce and dest.
conect your hardware in with the asio dest. and the outputs with the asio sources.
your midi in with sequencer dest and midi out with the sequencer source.
then start your sequencer and routing your asio chanels.

then step after step try complexes xtc projects.

jan
fraz

Post by fraz »

the19thbear wrote:you can edit your xtcproject.pro, in sfp mode to make a setup complete with latency free monitoring.. thats what i have done.
And before you can use any of the mixers in xtc mdoe you have to rename the to *.mdl

But take a look at the xtc manual and follow that. and when you hit a wall ( and you will!!) ask us :)
XTC takes a bit of understanding to set up, but once it works, its WAY good!
Regarding renaming the mixers - If this is done so they will work in XTC mode - Will the mixers still work in normal project mode with routing window??? (do anybody create copies of mixer devices?)
fraz

Post by fraz »

I've got XTC sort of working - Outputs seem to be in Cubase etc......

Did have a problem tho with a sound module where there was a signal in Cubase but no sound.

My XTC project is the standard one in the install of Scope 5, slightly altered modules but same really - What a jumbled mess it was when it was first loaded for editing in project mode!

XTC project is different from my usual project btw (no mixers yet) what about this external sound module?
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hi its been a while now but I got one of the scope synths working in Cubase SX - I'd really like to get one of the mixers to work in XTC mode now please........ :) .................someone mentioned about renaming to .mdl which I tried and its turned the device into a Reaktor Macro file - There may be some additional steps? please say, PC is on and good to go............
fraz

Post by fraz »

One of the mixers seems to have loaded up on XTC launch but isn't visible - your thoughts are most welcome.......... :D ......especially if you can offer a remedy to this :D....... :lol:

The direct play container seems to be imortant in XTC mode - same as above please......

I'm mo expert so there has been alot of trial and error but there has been some joy in beginning to get this to work - Input is impportant at this stage to keep going .................. :lol: ...................thanks................