Re: XTC and devices with multiple outputs

Post by spacef »

thanks,
I will try again this week end...
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Mehdi,

Would have helped but my system is down for another month ....

Anyway, multi out vst synths are working in xtc (most Zarg devices are multi outs). You should remember that vst wrapper dll are VST 2.0 compatible and doesn't have evolved. Another point is that mono output are processed as stereo outs which mean twice the load at the PCI/driver level, so 14 mono outs is the same as 14 stereo outs. Your customers will have to take care of PCI load when they use this device.

cheers
spacef

Post by spacef »

yes, it puts my gigabyte mobo to hard times (blue screen because opening too many pci channels at once)...
I'll need to get an asus to check if it really works (and that's simply by changing the names of the pads and putting the device in the synth folder).
I have several LBH versions with various names of outputs, the regular one is ok, the other give BSOD eventhough they are just dummy devices (ie, it is almost empty inside...).
So i guess it opens the pci channels for multi i/os , but my gigabyte dies first...
i'll try with just a few i/os next time, 14 channels is just too much for my current setup....

xtc will be good if you can use it in cunjunction with normal standard mode, ie, a few stereo effects in the sequencer, and the big devs in the scope projects, where they are meant to be, for free and easy routing.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

spacef wrote: xtc will be good if you can use it in cunjunction with normal standard mode, ie, a few stereo effects in the sequencer, and the big devs in the scope projects, where they are meant to be, for free and easy routing.
Yes that'd be good !!
Xtc/sfp mode is totally feasible as those tweaked xtcproject.pro have revealed. If only SC would consider this and offer a Scope V5 allowing something that we can already do with the lesser EMU/SoundBlaster cards... :roll:

But dream on, most scope users are convinced that sfp is the real deal and that we don't need anything going towards more host integration. So, I wouldn't put my money on it. And (rant mode on) at the pace SC is developping the platform, we'll be on I9 16 cores proco/DDR5 mem DAWs by then.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

i already email SC about this ( combined XTC/SFP mode) they said they would tell their developers.
Right now you can have kind of SFP/XTC mode... open up the modular, in a xtcproject.pro, and leave it open.. here you can add comps/eqs etc.. Now if they only made a XTC shell that could load normal non modular devices, we would be there! how hard can that be?
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

Hmmm, I think that when we works in XTC there is a static and a dynamic part. The static concern the way we organize
the studio and we present it to the sequencer, and the dynamic part which is the vst devices loading. The sequencer
don't have a mechanism to store a different static part of a config with each song.
For the modular (and to some extend the samplers) there is I think, technical reasons for them for not being xtcized (PCI comms maybe?!). For sure it is sad, and a solution would be appreciated.
voidar

Post by voidar »

The VST-wrapper is limited to two inputs and 16 outsputs. Quite irritating as it makes hardwiring side-chain in stereo compressors impossible.