XTC automation: no feedback of controllers

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

goaFromLivingRoom

XTC automation: no feedback of controllers

Post by goaFromLivingRoom »

Hi,

i try to automate Scope synths by using Samplitude. By pressing right mouse button i am able to assign wished controller of my hardware controller. Moving the hardware controller knob gives me control about the synth knob. But if i move the knob by using the mouse the sequencer doesn't send the new knob position to the hardware controller and no midi is transferred.

What could be the reason and how can i solve the problem? Or is this a known bug?
MB Asus P5K-E, 1 x Scope 1 x Pulsar 1 x Elektra: Scope is the host, Winxp Prof, BCF2000
siriusbliss

Re: XTC automation: no feedback of controllers

Post by siriusbliss »

I don't think it's a bug in Samplitude, but rather a feature that isn't totally built into Samplitude to pass-through controllers to 'external' hardware.

So...
Which version of Samplitude?
What is your Scope environment setup? (maybe a screenshot?).
What are trying to control (i.e. synths and/or controller function)?

I've been able to automate Scope synths with Samplitude to some degree, but it mainly worked using automation in the tracks rather than 'passing through' to the synths - so it might work to record the automation in Samplitude in parallel to controlling the synths with your controller, and then send the automation from Samplitude tracks out to the synths - but in this case you'd still need to pass the controller info. through Samplitude (or around it in parallel).

Again, I MAY be mistaken, and also I simply haven't done this in a while, since Samplitude has gone through several updates since Scope 4.5 was released. The newer 'external' hardware effect insert/track feature in Samplitude may be one way to get it done.

This feature is on my long list of things to test with Samplitude.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3