Sonar 8 having a spaz in XTC mode...

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

chriskorff

Sonar 8 having a spaz in XTC mode...

Post by chriskorff »

Evening all,

I erroneously posted in the Problem Solving forum (link http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26751 ), but it's an XTC problem so I'm posting here now, because things have developed a little.

Long story short, I reinstalled Sonar 8, and while the XTC plug-ins load fine, no ASIO drivers are detected by Sonar - even though my XTCproject hasn't changed at all, my Cset.ini hasn't changed, and XTC mode is enabled in Scope. I just double-checked my XTCproject, and it's got plenty of ASIO drivers, which were recognised just fine before I reinstalled Sonar. Even the Sonar 'AUD.ini' file still has all the correct audio I/O, including friendly driver names, but the drivers don't appear in the Sonar audio control panel.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers,

Chris
voidar

Re: Sonar 8 having a spaz in XTC mode...

Post by voidar »

Run "regedt32.exe".

Search for "asioscop.dll".
Do you find it?
If so, is this file present in the registered directory?
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

Hello Voidar,

Thanks very much for your reply - just did a search, and it doesn't appear to exist... I did do a registry clean at one point, and I suppose it's possible that this wiped it! That said though, I anticipated that this might be a problem and have restored the registry to one that existed before my registry cleaning exercises... however, I don't trust these registry cleaning things not to cock the odd thing up!

My 'nuclear option' (if you will) is probably to uninstall Scope, and reinstall it, but then replace the reinstalled Scope with a copy of the Scope folder that's already present... this, I guess, would reinstate the necessary registry items (provided I install Scope with the XTC option enabled) while maintaining all the file locations and, importantly for me, the Cset.ini file that currently (and apart from this weird bodge) seems to be working.

Once again, cheers for your help - is there something else I can try, or is the above route the best/safest one to take?

Thanks,
Chris

PS. I just realised that Scope ASIO actually doesn't seem to be working at all (even in SFP mode) - I initially thought it was, but since discovering that 'asioscop.dll' doesn't exist, I checked it in SFP and that doesn't work either... this is probably a symptom of the lack of an asioscop.dll file, right?
voidar

Post by voidar »

I'm pretty sure that is your problem, either a missing file or missing registry entries. Those entries informs all application of its existence.

Backup your SFP directory and reinstall. Then just delete the new device and presets folder, or whatever, and copy-replace your old files onto the new to preserve your old setup.

There is also an updated asioscop.dll to be downloaded directly from soniccore.com.
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

Hi again Voidar, and thanks for your help.

Just now, I copied the C:\Scope folder to another drive, then uninstalled Scope, then reinstalled it... oddly, I don't think it's a Windows registry thing, because if I use the old C:\Scope folder, it doesn't work (as above) - but if I use the new one, it does. Also, I discovered that the asioscop.dll file IS in my old Scope install... This is puzzling. I suppose I'm going to have to do a bit of trial and error to see what it is that's causing it to fuck up.

Thanks for the advice,

Chris
voidar

Post by voidar »

Might be something corruped in your old files then. Try to just copy over your Device and Preset folders and try again. Then try the cset.ini file, then scopergy.cfg.
at0m

Post by at0m »

What registry cleaner are you using? I've had a similar experience with regclean, which apparently erases ASIO entries.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

Ha!

Funny you should mention RegClean... yes, that's the one I'm using, and it seems to be doing all kinds of odd things. I rolled back to the registry from before I ran it, but since that was before I installed WMP11 and MSN Messenger (and probably some other stuff - it was a fresh XP install and I thought I'd keep it 'tidy' by cleaning the registry), it now won't open Media Player when I double click on a WAV/MP3/AVI/MPG/whatever file, even though no other program is associated with those files - it just does nothing; I have to open Media Player first, and *then* it works.

I think it might be a bit too thorough, that program...

Cheers,

Chris