3rd party plugins

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

3rd party plugins

Post by Music Manic »

Starting to get despondent with XTC mode now.
I converted all of SpaceF's filters and Wolf's kompressor but they aren't working.
The SpaceF filters crash Cubase and I can't get any audio out of Kompressor(even though I can see the LEDs working)

Anyone have any joy? Do they need a special type of dll.?

Thanks
spacef

Re: 3rd party plugins

Post by spacef »

Hi MM,
The spacef filter (blackbox) are neither mono or stereo and they are also both at the same time.
A part from that, they are like any other scope insert effect: may be cubase doesn't comprehend.
They are made to be used in Scope because of the particular signals they use.

I know that with some dll you can load any filter/effect in cubase, it was tested a very long time ago in the time of Creamware with any spacef insert (not tested on BB2 filters).
but i can't tell you which dll works as I never use XTC anyway.
spacef

Re: 3rd party plugins

Post by spacef »

Hi Music Manic,
The spacef filter won't crash , they load fine.
I managed this only by putting them in existing folder of xtc, and using a dll of this folder (I've put them in the "Filter" folder of the vst plugins/xtc and used a dll of one of the devices in the filters.
I think only the location is important, but i have to test further (i've put them in different locations first, at the root, and they didn't crash, they just "cannot load" ).

I have been able to load them either on mono or stereo channels (i've put them also in stereo folder of xtc).
In the Scope folder "XTC Devices", i've copied the whole Mono/BlackBox folder in Effects/Mono of XTC Devices folder.

In the picture, the sideband1 uses a dll found in the Mono filters, and the Spectral 2 uses a dll from a stereo folder...
Both load indifferently in mono or stereo channels of Cubase.

Most of the SpaceF filter have 1 audio input and outputs the signal on the 2 outputs (L/R) so mono to stereo is possible (same signal goes to L and R).
The second input of the spacef filters (in2) is for modulation, and doesn't go to the outputs: this 2nd input is calibrated for Scope modulation signals, not audio in all cases (in some cases only, but need to check again).
- If loaded on a mono channel of VST, nothing will go to the 2nd input.

Please note that i also have to go through all devices and determine how they work in xtc (some modules that i use for switches in Scope don't display well in XTC mode).
Many things I don't know, may be Scope 5 brings improvements too, i don't know.

I still think the standard mode of Scope is more powerful ;-) (but i also aim to have more xtc support).

Now i am very new to xtc, and i still have to find a way to route audio-modulation signals to the auido input 2 (right) of the filters: using 2 mono files loaded in a stereo track of cubase is the clean way, but sounds too complicated to me (because you have to record an audio-modulation, export it as mono, and load it in the right channel of a stereo track.. and on the left channel you will load your mono saudio to be modulated... wew, too complicated for me).
May be for the moment it is enough to modulate the filters with the various frequency parameters.... in the future, i don't know, may be some synthmaker modulators will be useful as they would load directly in Vst app (i've done a very few, but they work less smoothly than scope modulation-audio signals).
If someone experiments, well, let me know :-)
Attachments
Hey, it doesn't crash, it seems to load fine....
Hey, it doesn't crash, it seems to load fine....
xtc-filters.jpg (84.02 KiB) Viewed 1530 times