midi feedback

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

midi feedback

Post by the19thbear »

Hi. i use the bcf2000 with cubase sx3 in xtc mode, on a dualcore pc
i can only use the bcf2000 if i disable one of the cores.. otherwise i get midifeedback, and my creamware cards stop reacting.
any solutions? i tried using the midifilter in sfp, and downloaded the 3.1b drivers but it doesnt work. ( the 3.1b driver work perfectly IF i dont use the bcf2000.

thanks
Neutron

Re: midi feedback

Post by Neutron »

If you use the BCF with real MIDI instead of USB it works better. the behringer MIDI over USB drivers are not great. you have to have the free MIDI ports though.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

how do you set it up to recieve midi from/to the midiports?
I took out the usb cable, and hooked it up with midi instead, but it doesnt recieve/send anything..
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

use midi mode (3 i think im not at home) you press the store and edit and turn the last rotary on the top to change midi modes.
then press exit. and dont use the middle midi port. (in 2?)

i had to RTFM to figure that out :D

the modes are important they decide if the inputs are merged back to the output.
goaFromLivingRoom

Post by goaFromLivingRoom »

Hi Neutron,

you say that midi is better than USB by using BCF2000. What is better there? I used MIDI in mode 3 and got performance problems. As i used it in USB with BCF-USB mode 1 i could solve this problem.

Would be nice if you could explain me the advantages of midi.

Thank you in advanced.
MB Asus P5K-E, 1 x Scope 1 x Pulsar 1 x Elektra: Scope is the host, Winxp Prof, BCF2000
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I just use midi because whenever i use too many USB things with scope then i have problems. if USB works for you then by all means use it.
im just using it to control mixers and synths, i am not controlling a lot of things at the same time.

but if you get midifeedback its because there is a loop. not the PC or anything.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

tried midi mode, and it didnt work at all.. the faders jerked up and down and nothing was right..
But i found a solution!
I bought a new motherboard!!
solved ALL my problems. i can have as many usb devices as i want to plugged in without problems in xtc mode, and i dont have an annyoing electrical noise on the inputs of one of my scope cards..
YAH!!