XTC Mode for Synths in DAW Reaper 2.0 comments & unrelated Q

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kallyintern

XTC Mode for Synths in DAW Reaper 2.0 comments & unrelated Q

Post by kallyintern »

I got the XTC plugins to work in the Reaper DAW and not in Cubase SX 2.0 .

I have a comment and a question.

Comment: I think the Synths " various creamware" sound better in standalone mode. They definately respond better and have more
beileveable articulations. Really a major sound difference*

Question: Does XTC mode work better with Scope 4.5 and Scope 5.0 platform? Im using the Pulsar 1 card.

Engineering stand point question : Im using a Steinberg MI4 to monitor and record my creamware main outputs, the monitor mix
sounds clean and clear very viberant and with the fullest possible sound for a Virtual Instrument. When I record I'm getting sh*t basically compared to my monitor mix and I'm getting noise too. I can't figure out if its PC noise related or the 1/4 inputs , I had to pad the inputs on the MI4 by 20db coming out of the pulsar because they were way too hot* coming out of the pulsar at 0db. I thought maybe I had to sync the MI4 with the Pulsar some how or even change my recording soundcard to get the sound Im looking for. It's definately not the cables even though they are cheap HOSA cables the monitor mix sounds clean. Which could also mean Im putting prestine sound through a crap AD/DA converter built-in to the MI4. Making the PC quiet is a whole other thing, I had it quiet once for a long time I had it plugged into a Furman "inexpensive one" then it quit filtering it seemed like. Then i bought another cheaper furman and it didnt work at all, maybe I have some noise giving appliance connected to the same furman the PC is connected to. Lots of trouble shooting.

Has anybody heard of the Creamware H16 Lightpipe converter / Creamware H16 TDAT Analog ? Im going to buy a used one hoping it will help out and give me better quality A/D conversion and sound better sound quality overall.

Thank you for any response given.