Big frustration with Nuendo/RME fireface and Pulsar2 in XTC

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mangrape

Big frustration with Nuendo/RME fireface and Pulsar2 in XTC

Post by Mangrape »

Hello!

I recently upgraded my pulsar 2 because I'd like to have some extra fantastic synths and fx to play around with in Nuendo 3.

I use RME Fireface 800 as my main sound card and i just want Pulsar to be in xtc mode.

The problem is that all the XTC plugins are brown (unloadable) in the plug in info in Nuendo. When I enable them a lot of them trigger the message: "XTC plug not properly installed." (The same message is displayed whenever i load a saved project with scope plugins.)

Furthermore none of the plugins make the slightest sound. The synths are displayed and get midi signal but are completely silent. The effects don't do anything with the sound, there's no difference between bypassed and not bypassed.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried all the tricks you guys have put up here... nothing works. I tried going back to Cubase SX 2 it was the exact same problem.

The only "strange" thing about my installation is that when i first loaded the default project it said it couldn't add wave device and midi device because there were no drivers istalled ATM and it asked me if i want to install drivers now. But since i have chosen not to enable my I/O's in the enabler this is normal, right?
I got the same message about the Midi drivers being missing first time i loaded the XTCproject.pro but haven't got since.
Those are the only things that i could think of being suspicious atm. But maybe the're just normal when you have I/O's disabled?

I have read a lot of tips and tricks in this forum in other threads... especially by the19thbear. I've tried about everything but there's a guide to XTC mode by someone called "gonzo" that people (mostly the19thbear) keep reffering to but that i cannot find anywhere here or on the internet.

My patience with scope is certainly running out but I'm hoping someone here can help me.
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Mangrape

Post by Mangrape »

thanks for replying! None of these solutions worked for me though...
so any help is still much appreciated :-)

i'm gonna wait for another while to see if you guys got more tips... then i'll have to get rid of it :-(
MD69

Post by MD69 »

You should first install your pulsar 2 with IO enabled and verify that scope work correctly in standard mode. Then check that XTC mode works and finally disable the IO and check how it goes.

Proceeding step by step will help to find where the problem is.