SPDIF & Wave Dest/Source don't work anymore in XTC mode

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Alex K.

SPDIF & Wave Dest/Source don't work anymore in XTC mode

Post by Alex K. »

Hi everyone
i had a trouble in last days working with scope and logic.

if i load SFP and i check XTCproject.pro everything seems nice i can see samplerate frequency workings my cd rack burner get the optical signal everything is ok.
therefore like i did billion times (thanks to this forum cause before i didnt know to do that eh eh ).i close and save the project. When the sfp is closed i launch logic.

Normally when i launched logic all the xtcproject connections and setting were saved i was able to see everything working like samplerate freq and let my cd rack burner receive the signal in xtc mode too ...but sadly now nothing happend...
Right now it loads just only the xtc vst plugins i installed over logic Vst PlugIns foder but it does not load spdif settings i saved before in xtc project and wave dest/source too...im able only to insert xtc plugins and ii can listen everything is working just only in analog mode
.. seems i didnt saved wave dest and wave source but i saved of course... it is the same scope project that workt until some days ago in a brilliant way...

Thanks

alex
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

well im honest
i didnt change Nothing.
I was just formatting hard disk cause i didnt do that for over 2 yers.

there are no others valid explanations i guess....

Thanks
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

I've got new spekares (Tannoy reveal 6d) and I connect my Scopecard with SPDIF. In the usual scope mode everything works fine but in XTC Mode I can't hear anything. What wa sthe solution of your problem - maybe it could be my solution too :)
Scope Home + Pulsar 1/ AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz/ 3 Gig Ram/ Nvidia 7800GT/ a lot of HD Space :-) and Windows 7
garyb

Post by garyb »

what's in the xtcproject.pro?

are the i/os enabled in the i/o enabler?
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

I Think it's correctly enabled. Here are the connections in Scope and the routing in Cubase (there are two SPDIF from the Pulsar but there is no difference which one I choose).
Attachments
XTC Project.jpg
XTC Project.jpg (51.79 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
Routing Cubase.jpg
Routing Cubase.jpg (34.73 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
Scope Home + Pulsar 1/ AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz/ 3 Gig Ram/ Nvidia 7800GT/ a lot of HD Space :-) and Windows 7
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

I found one failer - there should no digital wave source on the SPDIF dest (so I can#t hear something in the usual mode) but even without this connection I can't hear anything in XTC Mode... :-?
MD69

Post by MD69 »

You should not use system link for mix output, it is normally for linking two cubase machines altogether! They do not carry audio data but "something " insuring data and synch communicatiion.

VST Inputs and VST outputs are your cubase input / outputs. Check that they are routed correctly (cubase output to the ASIO output connected to spdif) .

cheers
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes.

also, reserving that i/o for system link disables it for audio purposes, afaik...
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hi everybody
I still got this problem..is wicked because if i load SFP everything works fine but not in XTC...As well, i got an old motu 828 card still working brilliant ( thanks to god) therefore i connected over the pc.
I was wondering if there are any chance to let XTC pugins works by loading MOTU soundcard as well...

im trying but i have an alert widnows is telling me stdm cable is missing but it is connected....or maybe ....if someone can help me uploading a full working XTCproject to lets Motu works with XTC both

thanks in advance
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

i checked out that: seems there are no setting difference between any XTCproject . Example if i set spdif on 1L-1R channel or 2L-2R, 3L-3R,4L-4R on routing windows will be ALWAYS on Logic Output 3-4 as well i tried out to unwire and save everything (with no wires) and it works the same...need i to call a priest to bless my room and my computer perhaps ?
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
mediamalte

Re: SPDIF & Wave Dest/Source don't work anymore in XTC mode

Post by mediamalte »

Thanks for the tips - now I can hear and rcord but theres a new Problem: If I've recordone Track and wanna hear the Playback of some other Track ive got a mix of my recording and the Playback in the new track. So if I programmed the midi drums and rock with the guitar , the drums are in the Audiopart too :(
And sometimes the system is freezed (that was never before)...
MD69

Re: SPDIF & Wave Dest/Source don't work anymore in XTC mode

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

The fact that your system freeze make me think you might have created an audio/midi loop somewhere in your setup.

The fact you get the guitar and drums recorded altogether means that you are recording something after a summing point (mixer,) and not directly from your scope input.
it should go that way for example:
guitar to scope input to asio input 1 to cubase
in cubase you should have a track connected to this asio 1 and either going to your main mixer bus or to a monitoring bus.
your main cubase mixer output should be linked to asio output 1 which in scope should be connected to your scope output
your monitor output should be linked to asio output 2 linked in scope to another scope output if you have an external mixer or to a scope mixer (xtcmixer) which will have the asio output 1 connected as well. The output of this mixer will be connected to your headphone amplifier.

You should have cubase direct monitoring enabled , and when you hit the monitor button (small hp icon), you'll ear the guitar and mix but will record the guitar alone

cheers