XTC Asio question

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

burdello

XTC Asio question

Post by burdello »

How the communication between sequencer and XTC modules is?
24, 32 or 32 float?
As you can see on the manual at page 16:
The communication between the sequencer and the XTC modules is not affected by this option
I would like to record at the same bit resolution to avoid useless and pejorative internal conversions by audio engine.
Cubase SX processes audio internally in 32 Bit Float, I hope the same is for XTC plugs!
voidar

Post by voidar »

stardust:

I think you're mistaking as this is what the manual specifically sais is not happening.

The wrapper .dll's are based on an early VST implementation which means all communication is via 32-bit float.

So in a sense it's an ideal 32fp->32int->32fp stage. So, record all VST outputs in 32-bit fp if you want 100% signal integrity.

As for ASIO, you choose what drivers to use in XTCproject, as stardust said.
goaFromLivingRoom

Re: XTC Asio question

Post by goaFromLivingRoom »

If you use asio fp 32 bit and you open the setup of scope in the sequencer then you will see the possible selection 16Bit or 24Bit. But i want use 32 bit. Therefore i selected the asio fp 32 bit..

Do you know what i have to do to ensure the 32 bit mode?
MB Asus P5K-E, 1 x Scope 1 x Pulsar 1 x Elektra: Scope is the host, Winxp Prof, BCF2000
voidar

Post by voidar »

Both 32 and FLT drivers are 32-bit. Thought the 32 driver reports as "24-bit", but this is just a string. Nothing of importance. It could just as well say "8-bit".

For Cubase I would use FLT drivers. Whatever driver won't affect the VST-wrapper interface though.
goaFromLivingRoom

Post by goaFromLivingRoom »

Hey voidar, thank you for the tip.
MB Asus P5K-E, 1 x Scope 1 x Pulsar 1 x Elektra: Scope is the host, Winxp Prof, BCF2000