XTC Wave Dest and Source

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Alex K.

XTC Wave Dest and Source

Post by Alex K. »

Hello everybody

I used SFP for long time and im going to use Scope in XTC just to try and maybe if it will works properly to working with

Well everything sounds nice in XTC: no distortion , odd delays, latency etc but i got some troubles about..going to explain

With sfp i was able to connect wave source and wave destination just to listen samples preview and internal monitoring as well.. Over Xtc mode seems creamware software and hardware are working only when i press play over Logic.. is there any trick to listen everything i play ( i mean playing sample outside Logic) in my computer thru analog destination output (same used by Scope)? or i need to add another soundcard? (still if it will works...)

Thanks in advance
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

yes. just add the wave source module in your xtc project!:)
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Well i didnt open XTCproject cause XTC plug ins will not works.
i want use those xtc plug ins of course but i need to listen preview as well
tried to open Xtcproject.pro but seems XTC plug ins when i open logic does not works.........
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

open the XTC project ..

Add the modules and connections etc.

then save the project .

close sfp.

then start up the seq, it should read the new xtc.pro. (as long as its correctly named) Back up the original just in case
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Explain
start my computer - i turn off the SFP and then i start Logic.
Therefore such as written over manuals soundcard is enabled as XTC mode.
I let load Asio at Logic startup and it will be open. Then i make some test and every XTC Plug ins works smooth like no latency no distortion or other common problems.

Anyway in this way i have troubles because i cant listen any other sounds i mean: sound works just ONLY when i press 'PLAY' over Logic,.
Then if i want to choose and play some samples or play some mp3 in background i cant.

Second option you meant is: computer starting, turning on the SFP and then open XTCproject.pro, then open Logic BUT appears a widow and it says i cant use XTC plug ins cause is already opened SFP.
Therefore of course i can listen in background everything BUT i cant load any XTC plug ins..

I was wondering if there were some tricks or projects already did to let me listen everything i play on my computer like mp3s samples etc and load XTC as well

thanks for replies
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

to Me$$iah

Well i tried out right now to do what you adviced but i checked seems works the same with any *.pro files :cry:
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

to Me$$ia

YOU ARE THE MAN

fixed everything with your trick but i need also to press simply 'record 'button over Logic Tracks Environment and everything works

Thanks a lot :D
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

Glad its working.

IIRC If you put any fx, mixers etc into you xtc.pro, and save it with the window open, then when you open up the seq it will open the xtc project on the screen also. as long as you dont close the window you can control the mixers or fx within the window. I've only read this, I havent tried it, but I only use the sfp mode