same VST identity problem...

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kwild

same VST identity problem...

Post by kwild »

Hi.
Wrapping some .dll's to XCTize scope plug-ins with Directixer 2.5 (for use in sonar 7.02) i got a pop up error tha says :
"The VST plug-in in the file c:/xxxxxxxx has the same VST Identity as the plugin already registerd as "Creamware xxxxxxx".The problem can only be corrected by the plug-in manufacturers."

There's a way to change the VST identity of any plug-in maybe with SCOPE SDK?
Thanx.
voidar

Post by voidar »

With what devices does this happen?
kwild

Post by kwild »

A lot of devices!
With some creamware,all the celmo's and a lot of others.
voidar

Post by voidar »

So it doesn't happen with all of them after you have wrapped one?

Tell me what devices you are able to use at once. Synths, stereo, mono?
kwild

Post by kwild »

No,only with some combinations of plug-ins.
For example if i wrap VINCO S.dll and then i try to wrap any of the celmos (Talkbox,BAM,GAM etc) i got the error coz the wrapper thinks that im wrapping another instance of VINCO S!
I must use directixer 2.5 to wrap the plug-ins coz with the native adapter of Sonar 7.02 i can not see any plug-in entry!
I can wrap only the VZRecording.dll all other plugs don't show in sonar.
voidar

Post by voidar »

But are you able to wrap two instances of vinco s?

I am no expert at Sonar, but I think the built-in wrapper should work as long as you have set up XTC-mode correctly.

Have you tried loading up XTC in another host? Download REAPER at cockos.com and try there. If REAPER loads XTC then it is definitely a Sonar problem.
kwild

Post by kwild »

Sorry i can not check now,i'll give u a reply tomorrow.
I'll give a check to Reaper also.
Thanx a lot.
kwild

Post by kwild »

Today i've installed REAPER (latest version) and all works well!XTC is fully working,at first attempt!
So it's a SONAR fault...i don't know why Cakewalk programmers as so unable,Reaper have a lot of features for a lot lower price!
Im thinking to trash Sonar but i need a valid substitute to AudioSnap and ACID looper before do that move,and seems that REAPER do not have similar tools.
Really disappointed,anyway,Sonar VST compatibility still suck!!!
:(
kwild

Post by kwild »

I've found that also Reaper works in XTC mode with an external clock with no digital clicks!!!!
If u need to sync the XTCProject to SLAVE an external clock sync (example:a digital mixer connected via S/Pdif that act only as a master) with Sonar u can not do that coz the ASIO implementation (as i've heard from Cakewalk forum) is faulty so using an XTCProject in SLAVE mode you get a lot of clicks coming from S/Pdif input!!!
Using SLAVE sync in native SFP enviorenment works well in Sonar but not in XTC!!!!!!!
Another fault of that "wannabe PRO" DAW!
voidar

Post by voidar »

Well, yeah, I guess that is your problem, the way Sonar handles VSTs. It has to convert them to DX and I guess this confuses Sonar.