"Problem" solved, error FF7-5-000C with Cubase SX3

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

peksi

"Problem" solved, error FF7-5-000C with Cubase SX3

Post by peksi »

I fired up my Cubase SX3 using Scope in XTC mode and it said device not available, error FF7-5-000C. Nothing seemed to help and my inputs were all "pending". I tried system restore, switched XTC mode on and off, refreshed plugins etc I found by searching the forums with no luck.

Well.. the problem was embarrasingly simpler than I thought. For some reason the Cubase had resetted the ASIO driver from Asio Scope to Asio multimedia driver using the windows drivers. So all I had to do was to go to Asio settings and switch it back to Asio Scope.

This was not a real problem as you can see but I managed to waste 3 hours of my precious composing time and lose my intuition for today :( So remember to check the basic settings first before trying to to anything more exotic.
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

If Cubase have reset some part of its config (following a failure most of the time) check out the disk DMA settings, they might have been reset too.

cheers

Michel
peksi

Post by peksi »

Gotta check em out. The problem was caused by my own mistake, I launched Cubase in and shut down scope software too late so XTC mode did not launch and Cubese started without any Scope drivers resetting the settings.

It's so simple... only if I was smarter.