FX Teleport + Scope + Luna-II + Cubase Studio 4

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

silverbucks

FX Teleport + Scope + Luna-II + Cubase Studio 4

Post by silverbucks »

Hi all.

Since I'm in dire straits at the moment, instead of getting a modern DAW, I decided to boost the performance by conncting a second computer I have via FX teleport.

Master (Host) computer is the DELL where I have Cubase 4 installed and a MI4 Audio interface. (I had the Luna installed before and moved it to the slave - server - computer). Works perfect.

Slave (Server) computer is a 1.6 GHz AMD where I have just installed the Luna card and Scope 4.0. I have installed my old Cubase VST on it temporary to check if the Luna card runs well. Works perfect.

I have installed FX teleport on both computers , installed all my VSTi and effects I have on the master - on the slave too.

Works perfect. FX-Teleport is really fine. Could see and use all VSTi and Effects I have duplicated on the slave system.

I have copied all XTC dll files in to my VST directory of the master computer.
I have istalled some of the XTC effects with the FX Teleport Wrapper.
After staring Cubase, I could see them all and slot them either as VST instruments or as effect inserts or group effects (all as remote).

FX teleport then calculates the latency and opens the plugins. Optically averything looks perfect. The problem is, there is no signal going through the XTC plugins. FX teleport shows a incomming signal on the slave computer. The signal is also beeing routed back to the host since I can hear the channel. Only problem - the effect is not applied. I have slotted MasterVerb an Compressor - that have a VU-Meter - but there is no signal comming in. There is a short delay between bypassing it and switching it on so somehow ot must be connected.

Maybe I need to change something in the XTCProject routing window. The initial XTCProject works fine with the local sequencer but not with FX-Teleport.

ASIO2 Source > Luna Analog Dest >> Luna Analog Source > ASIO2 Dest

I have re-routed the ASIO path through the DirectPlayMixerConatiner insted of Luna Analog but that did not improve the situation.

Any idea how I can get a signal in and back out of my XTC plugins?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Bernd
Dell 2.4 GHz RAMBUS PC / 1GB RAM
MI4 / Luna-II / Scope 4.0
Cubase VST / SL3 / CS4
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

I don't have Fx teleport so take what bI'll say as guess!

My understanding is that Fx teleport don't launch the XTCproject directly, but indirectly when you launch your XTC device (do you see the XTC panel?), if for some reason the link between the XTCdevice and XTc is not correct, you might be able to see the device but won't get the sound.

I don't think changing XTCpro will help. In fact I percieve this as not being an expected usage of XTC. Normally the XTC session have to be launched from the Host (in your case Fx teleport) before any device being instanciated. Is that the case? Is XTC launched launched when Fxteleport initialize?

Cheers

Michel
silverbucks

Post by silverbucks »

Hi Michael,

I'm affraid you are right. When I slot a XTC effect, the small pannel pops up for 3 seconds saying it's loading MasterVerb. Then I can open the effect panel and manipulate it but there is no sound goin through it (no level shown in the VU-meter).

I guess I will have to put the Luna card back in to the host computer and just have normal VST instruments and effects on the server.

Anyway : FX-Teleport is really good. Easy to handle and - with a GigaBit LAN almost no latency. The latency is determined by the CPU power of the server computer.

Thanks a lot

Bernd
Dell 2.4 GHz RAMBUS PC / 1GB RAM
MI4 / Luna-II / Scope 4.0
Cubase VST / SL3 / CS4