The VST-oversampler...

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

voidar

The VST-oversampler...

Post by voidar »

Accidentaly posted this in the wrong forum at first.

I haven't tried this in XTC-mode yet, as I am at work. But it could be cool to try it out on the standard EQ's etc. .

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

There are a lot of quality Scope plugs that wouldn't benefit from this, like Minimax and Dynatube, but all the rest should.
voidar

Post by voidar »

Well, what it does is oversample (x2) a plugin of your choice.

This means that if you are running Scope at 48KHz, that plugin should be forced to run at 96KHz. The result you hear is what you will be mixing down.
What it does is reduce audiable aliasing.

I am not sure it even works with XTC-mode yet though.
My main host Tracktion 3 won't run this plugin it seems.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

"This means that if you are running Scope at 48KHz, that plugin should be forced to run at 96KHz. The result you hear is what you will be mixing down.
What it does is reduce audiable aliasing. "

am i misunderstanding or does it need to load a device twice? in that case, couldnt you just run scope in 96KHz?
voidar

Post by voidar »

No, because you can run a plugin of choice exclusively in 96KHz while the rest runs at 48KHz. Saves you a lot of resources.
It should load a device once, but it would obviously use twice the processing power.

Also, many plugins in Scope don't run at 96KHz, like Dynatube, and I guess Minimax runs really bad. Both those plugs oversample by design, thus it makes sense to run the a project in 48KHz.