Scope in xtc mode + Protools LE 7.3 WORKS !!!!

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bifop

Scope in xtc mode + Protools LE 7.3 WORKS !!!!

Post by Bifop »

I'm shocked ! :o
Three years and many attempts later I finally got the pulsar cards to work in XTC with an other I/O card....
I've even gave a try to make it work with my Protools LE 7.3.1 cs4 (on a new Mbox 2 mini) . I use the fxpansion vst to Rtas adapter.

The trick was to NOT use the Creamware defeater key but simply short pins 2&3 with a normal jumper as suggested by user Telmar http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23125

It works in Nuendo 3.2 as well.
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

UPDATE

I discovered that YOU DON'T HAVE TO DISCONECT THE I/O PLATE !!!!

Just simply use the jumper on pins 2 & 3 on bottom row, that's it.
NO need to use the I/O enabler.

Even better, you can still use the I/O and the ASIO driver... :)
The clock works and locks to external digital sources if needed.

Example in practical use :

I boot the comp, switch on my two BCF 2000 in Baby HUI mode,
launch protools LE on it's MBOX
use any DSP plugs from the Pulsars (RTAS wrapped)
Close Protools.

I switch off the BCF 2000, switch them back on in Mackie Control mode
Switch on the Houston Controller
Launch Nuendo 3.2 (using Asio Scope drivers)
Use any Dsp plugs from the Pulsars in XTC mode

I now have 2 daw's in one ( 24 faders in Nuendo or 16 in Protools) with dsp cards (including UAD-1) all avalaible in both solutions and normal SFP mode is still functional.

I doesn't seem like it, but it's a huge discovery bonus.

I confirm that the initial CPU load (approximately 16%) on my lowly (soon to be upgraded to a quad) Athlon 3200XP is constant on the subsequent dsp plug loading. A meager toll to pay I reckon.

Next, I'm going to fine tune and measure the latency induced by the Creamware cards.

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE WRAPPING PROCESS :

When you'll wrap your vst Scope's plugs, you might get lots of error messages in the log window saying that the wrapper could not do it's job because it encountered an error, blahblah...
Let it finish it's job, then, in the list, higlight any grey colored plugin's name and select "Redetect and wrap selected vst plug ins" in the tools menu.
One by one that is.
Then it should go and finish the wrapping. Some plugs are definitely not totally VST/RTAS compliant and will ultimately fail, but most of the time one or two try, and there it goes.
Last edited by Bifop on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

cool, this is very nice information!
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

yeah, I'm quite happy with this discovery. My cards are here to stay finally with this. Be able to switch from one soft to the other with my beloved Minimax, Modular, C4T, Vinco, STW P100 etc... is simply fantastic. :)
Now come on SonicCore, these findings prove you guys holding back the beast. It could deliver far more with a little update. Give it an XTC/SFP simultaneous mode, native RTAS wrapper, lower latency ASIO driver (hey, wtih nowadays machine we could go below 3/4 ms).
Last edited by Bifop on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

"lower latency ASIO driver (hey, wtih nowadays machine we could go below 3/4 ms)."

then again, why would we? :)

But dude, you did a sweet discovery, respect!
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

This one is toooo good....

Thanks for your infos!

cheers

Michel
Dj UG

Re: Scope in xtc mode + Protools LE 7.3 WORKS !!!!

Post by Dj UG »

Bifop wrote:I'm shocked ! :o
Three years and many attempts later I finally got the pulsar cards to work in XTC with an other I/O card....
I've even gave a try to make it work with my Protools LE 7.3.1 cs4 (on a new Mbox 2 mini) . I use the fxpansion vst to Rtas adapter.

The trick was to NOT use the Creamware defeater key but simply short pins 2&3 with a normal jumper as suggested by user Telmar http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23125

It works in Nuendo 3.2 as well.
WoW! But how do it on Luna II Home Board???
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

HI Dj UG, yes it's possible with the LUna II card as well since there is a sync connector as well. Do the jumper procedure (inserted beetween pins 2 & 3 in the below row of the sync connector) and use the latest FXpansion VST to RTAS if you plan on working with Protools LE 7.xx range of software.

PM me if you get stuck.
pkole

Post by pkole »

Sorry for the question but i'm new with scope.
Do you mean that i can use all the ins and outs of both cards (eg mbox and scope)?
Can i work protools in normal sfp mode?
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Hell no ! I'd like this as well..
What you'll get wtih this procedure is the all the SonicCore DSP plugins usable within protools LE. That's it. No I/O and no SFP mode.

You can however use the SFP mode and Protools LE together by pluging your MBox I/O in the Scope's one and then having a Protools LE DSP frontend. Much similar to using an external digital mixer with Protools. Your total simultaneous Input/Output count would'nt change but you could for instance record a full band band in stereo or in two stems etc...
cjgt

Post by cjgt »

can some one post the picture.

is it like tcpowercore or uad in rtas mode.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

MD69 and bifop.... please could you make an XTC manual ? I am sure this manual could become a new kind of Scope Bible.... You, guys, are the new french touch ! :wink:

Jonathan
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

Bifop tip is already integrated in the XTC patch Guide .... but not a new XTCproject image.

Check if it is enough

anyway, it is an open document, so anyone which want to update is welcomed!

cheers

Michel
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Great Michel ! Thanks for your good work.
I'll post a couple xtc setup pics for the manual if needed.
Funnily enough, it seems like the french are the most into the XTC mode here ! :-D

Bifop
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Thanks Bifop,

I wonder what are Jo's expectations? Maybe more hosts infos. For me it could be reaper and bidule, but there is no much tips about them (except maybe to copy the riff.dll file from scope in their corresponding directory), but I don't have pro tools or samplitude, Or maybe translation to french?

He will precise his thought I think

cheer

Michel
cjgt

Post by cjgt »

some one put the pic, please.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

yes please!
thanks!
cjgt

it works fine.thx

Post by cjgt »

look pic.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 14022 times
katano

Post by katano »

i know this is an old thread, but what the heck is a "creamware defeater key"? never heard of it...
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

The Defeater key was (is) a little connector Creamware was sending to users who wanted to disable the I/O and clock in order to have the cards working in XTC mode. I got one and it never worked right (no pins were connected in it).
The jumper trick works much better and you can keep the I/O's connected and working.