Newbie Fireface800 + Scope project 4.5 XTC

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

vesalaas

Newbie Fireface800 + Scope project 4.5 XTC

Post by vesalaas »

Hello,

I tried to crawl trough these post but still couldn't find answer to my question:
Is it possible to use Scope only as plugin accelerator and use RME as only soundcard? Howto?

I only need Scope in XTC mode same way as UAD's etc.
Is this even possible?

Thanks
Tau

Post by Tau »

Hi! What you want is sort-of-possible to do in XTC mode, but it might be hard to configure, and some devices certainly won't work... You can find great help if you search through the posts here on PlanetZ.

What I wanted was to suggest a diferent option: you could link the ADAT optical IOs of the RME and Scope cards, and route audio streams internally using RME's wonderful Totalmix and the SFP project window. This way you can make the most of both systems, and acess all IOs in both cards.

If you use the RME ASIO driver, SFP could be set as AUX effects, master effects, Synths or anything you can imagine - just select the proper ext input or output to send audio between applications. On the other hand, if you choose to use Scope ASIO driver, you can have an indefinite number of ASIO streams, mix your audio in Scope, then send the master output to the RME, or separate audio streams to be summed or mixed on the RME.

Totalmix is a really powerful aplication, and SFP is... well, gargantuan!

Experiment and you will be pleased!

Good luck,

T
vesalaas

Post by vesalaas »

Thanks Tau,

The thing is, I don't really need Creamwares routing flexibility and other wonderful things since I only thought to use it as insert and send fx only (I know there is better options for this but I got 2 pulsar 2's upgraded to 4.5 really dirt cheap).

Because I can run for example 14 reverbs or more than 50 vincos with 2 pulsars, those 2 ADAT pipes won't take me far. And those are about the only things I'm going to do with these cards until I but more plugins.

One option is of course to mix with pulsar I/O but I would prefer not to do it since usually in that phase I also record something. And for recording, RME is superb.

I would be very happy if someone would know is it possible to use it like this and what I have to do since I'm totally lost in XTC routing thing....

Vesa
voidar

Post by voidar »

You should be searching for IO Enabler (IOEnabler) or something within these forums. You might also need a terminating cable for your Scope card.
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

you can by checking the xtc mode box in the scope platform setting window an then switching it off.it should then go through the xtc plugins when you switch on your sequencer.I' ve got a tascam fw 1884 it works perfectly
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

voidar wrote:You should be searching for IO Enabler (IOEnabler) or something within these forums. You might also need a terminating cable for your Scope card.
What is the terminating cable about Precisely ?, and the xtc mode works whether or not the ins and outs are disabled .
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884
voidar

Post by voidar »

It's just for removing the IO from the cards.
pkole

Post by pkole »

I would be interested to know if finally rme ff 800 works smoothly with scope in xtc. rme for asio and scope for fx and synths.
fsshome

Post by fsshome »

What I wanted was to suggest a diferent option: you could link the ADAT optical IOs of the RME and Scope cards, and route audio streams internally using RME's wonderful Totalmix and the SFP project window. This way you can make the most of both systems, and acess all IOs in both cards.
Today, I've registered myself into this Site, only to THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH Tau because I implemented your Idea and it works PERFECT on my studio setup!!! RME ff800 + Pulsar 2+, the most perfect combination (thanks to totalMIX) ! From now I'm using the pulsar card only for it's plugins!

Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH Tau!
metele

Re: Newbie Fireface800 + Scope project 4.5 XTC

Post by metele »

i have fireface 800 running on mac osx and pulsar 2 scope 4.0 on other machine (rackmounted pentium III). this really works very nice!! now that scope 5 and osx-support is coming i am planning to mount pulsar in external pci-e to pci box and trying logic studio/xtc on macpro.

any opinions? would this work? ..or should i just stick with that pentium III :) ..because i have no modularII and therefore flexor3, i have to make some upgrades anyway. and case if you didn´t guess that allready, i´m totally new with this scopething. i got pulsarII very cheap week ago and totally silenced PIII for free. really don´t HAVE to get that xtc on mac, just wondering if it´s better that way.. hope there was somekind tryout for the scope5 on osx so i would know if that pci-e box/macpro/fireface thing is working or not (bad experiences with poco here).

"never change the running system" - as they like to say.. propably right answer was buy xite-1 and use that with macpro, but then i had no money to donate John!! :P