Help request for XTC and C4

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

x-sample

Help request for XTC and C4

Post by x-sample »

Hi u all!
I'm the lucky owner (maybe???) of a PC running Cubase 4 and including 2 LUNAII Cards, the last SFP, the ADAT interface (from Creamware), 2 TC POWERCORE Cards and a Behringer Mixer DDX3216 including the ADAT interface (16 ADAT channels).
Due to a lack of time I completely lost the focus on the entire setup and I'm not able anymore to setup this rig in order to work in XTC mode with C4.
My wish is to record external instruments connected to the DDX3216 (via analog cables) inside Cubase4, using ADAT interface, and then to be able to monitor them back (using ADAT again).
Is there anyone here able to help me to realize this kind of configuration? I'm really desperate because I'm loosing the few minutes I have trying to understand "how to" rather then "using it".
Any help would be really appreciated.
Many thanks and keep up on the good job...
x-sample

Post by x-sample »

Hi again...I'm sorry I didn't notice I posted my message twicw.
BTW...there isn't anyone here able to explain me how to set XTC in order to work with my equipment?
Thank you in advance
Cheers
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Hi x-sample, welcome on board.

You just have to open a file called xtcproject.pro located in your scope/App/XtcApp/ folder.

Add two adat I/O modules and an Asio2 24bits source and dest.
double click on the asio input module and increase the number of inputs to 16.

Connect the first adat source to the first asio dest input while pressing ctrl + n (it'll connect the 8 inputs in a row). Do the same for the second adat source module.

Connect the asio source to your adat dest module.
Save and launch Cubase. Set the Behringer to slave.

You now should be able to record your sources and monitor them back through the Behringer (if monitoring is set in Cubase to tape style and Direct monitoring disabled). But you'll suffer latency in the monitoring chain when you'll stack some hi latency plugs in Cubase's mixer (a look ahead limiter for instance).

3 solutions for that :
1)Use Direct monitoring, but it may give you a headache since it's buggy and requires workaround due to duplication of the sound in Cubase when using the control room feature;
2)Disable the plugin delay compensation while playing ;
3)Monitor your instruments from within the Behringer (that should be doable...).

Hope this helps,
Bifop

ps : Post a pic of your routing environment if you're stuck.
x-sample

Post by x-sample »

Thank you for your advice...I'll try to have at look when I'll have my PC back from the digital hell (it seems an energy overload devasted my HD....SIC).
Btw, I really appreciated your help.

Cheers
mm4651s

Post by mm4651s »

good
mm4651s

Post by mm4651s »

good
mm4651s

Post by mm4651s »

nice