Making Modular-Devices in XTC-Mode!

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dorteb

Making Modular-Devices in XTC-Mode!

Post by dorteb »

There are 2 ways to develop Modular-Devices while running in XTC-Mode:

1. As an XTC instrument in Cubase:
Do the dll-trick and make a VST-dll of an empty or an existing Modular-Device.
(The bigger the device-window is saved in SFP-Mode, the more space you will have to create the new instrument in Cubase.)

Load the Modular Device in Cubase (in Cubase 4 in the instrument-rack, not as an instrument-track)
You will get the error-message "nil reference...". This means the device cannot find the modules, referenced in the title bar.

In Windows open the folder, where you have your Modular-modules. In my case C:\SFP\Modular 2 Modules\.
Now you can load modules per Drag'n Drop into the VST-Instrument and do routing and saving.

2. As an SFP-instrument.
Make a copy of the empty or an existing Modular-Device in your Devices-folder and rename it to ... .mdl.

Open XTCproject.pro in SFP-Mode and load this new mdl in your project and save it whit the device-window opened.

Close SFP and start Cubase in XTC-Mode.
The Modular will be loaded and you will get the error-message "nil reference...". This means the device cannot find the modules, referenced in the title bar.

In Windows open the folder, where you have your Modular-modules. In my case C:\SFP\Modular 2 Modules\.
Now you can load modules per Drag'n Drop into the VST-Instrument and do routing and saving.

As I myself do not use the modular, i can not help you more. the rest is up to you.
I only wanted to share my knowledge.
voidar

Post by voidar »

This is some good research.