XTC Patch Guide

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

Yes modular input and modular output. No it doesn't help because compressor don't have the dropdown connection list available in vocodizer.

cheers

Michel
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi Stardust

Nothing really new for you I guess ;-)

cheers

Michel
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Tried the point 6 was speaking about how to add an STS2000p to let it works as a sample reader..Well here in my cpu (scope srb 15 dsp + pulsar 2 6 dsp )does not works..as well on the text there is written' copy one of your vsti Dll and rename...Ok Which one??i tried with a vsti like it's written but it does not works...better i tried a vsti dll xtc instrument and does not works again....
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hmmmm...

You have to:
copy a vsti dll (miniscope for example) and rename it to the exact name of the device you whish to use (STS2000p.dll). You should be able to see the plugin in cubase list.
If the Gui doesn't open when you launch it under cubase, then you need to copy your scope device under another directory (from synth to plugins for example).

cheers
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Thanks for the reply

As well over here still does not works..tried out to follow any steps from point 6 on xtc patch guide..but no way...

cheers
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Strange? ... Do you have at least your plugin in cubase list?
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hi again
sure i have it over there..Anyway i tried again more times and now when i launch that it makes restart the computer :s:s wicked

Anyway i printed and i red all your guide and i tried to let my cards works without i/o ...and i can say it works pretty well.
the last thing. ......Which is the size of buffer preload you advice to set over VST XTC plugins settings?? because sometimes it generates a short crackle if i use plugins over master..thanks
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com
MD69

Post by MD69 »

If your plugins are listed, this mean that the dll size is ok. Now if you don't have GUI, it's a problem either of path (duplicate the scope device under scope_45/devices/synth and plugins directories) or name discrepency between dll and scope device.

If you have to setup the buffer preload this mean you're not under cubase... and I don't have your host, but µI would set it to twice the audio buffer size of your host. If it is ok, then you can try to lower to your host audio buffer size.

On some host I had to copy scope_45/app/bin/riff file under the host directory to remove some error message when XTC is used (reaper, ...), you could check that too.

cheers
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Yes about STS maybe it does not works cause i use Logic 5...
Otherwise now i reduced drastically buffer preload putting that at least; 64kb and it has been solved in brilliant way ..now i finally can make bounce without any crackle/noise.

As well i checked out a new one bug (omg it never ends, but im feeling it is last step to triumph :lol: ).

Trouble is that: if i keep selected to play an Instrument track meanwhile logic is running i cant listen nothing...music neither ...but if i select another Non instrument tracks is fine.

The only way to play a synth ( classic vst and xtc vst too) is press stop over Logic's trasportation bar or disable xtc plugins on the master.

But i mean if i record a midi track and i let it run: works .. therefore trouble is playing vsts physically with keyboard--

thanks
Alex K.
-------------------
www.303lovers.com