Influence of sample rate upon quality of creamware synths

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Prototype

Influence of sample rate upon quality of creamware synths

Post by Prototype »

The matter is next. I have Scope home (3 dsp) and load 1-2 xtc synths (lightwave and sb404 for ex.). If in my nuendo 3.2 project has 44,100 kHz, capture of dsp is approx. 70-80%. For each synth is appr. 35%. I do finalizing (track by track recording) on 96 kHz/32 bit. But 96 kHz is overloads 3 dsp even usin only one xtc synth. But the difference of quality (in comparison with 48 kHz playback) i dont heard. The question is - Maybe it is no nessesarity to recording xtc synths on 96 kHz? and quite enough 48 kHz if is no difference?
hubird

Post by hubird »

absolutely, even 44,1 is enough, so you can be happy :-)
some of us tho want that ultimate last procent, most don't.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Uh, you can afford Nuendo and you don't know the differences among the frequencies in your DAW?! :o
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Lima

Post by Lima »

some synths (the ones not internal oversampled) sound better if played at 96 khz. But if you record them at 44.100 and then change the samplerate you won't hear any difference. The other face of the medal is that if you finalize at 96 kHz and then you want to master it on a cd (44.1 kHz) you have to do dither and some other post processing... not worthy IMO ;-)
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
Prototype

Post by Prototype »

2Lima:
I always do so.

erminardi:
I fine know the difference in sound between various sample rates in DAW. It concerned soft VSTi's (using CPU power). But since I just have 3 dsp on my Luna so that there are a very few of dsp power for 96 kHz playback, but the difference in sound of creamware synths is not essential for hearing.

2hubird:
44.100 is good only for writing track playback, but not for final master mix. :)