Problems installing.

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

scardanelli

Problems installing.

Post by scardanelli »

OK, before I put this Scope Project straight back on E-Bay I'll appeal to this community of experienced users for advice.

I've tried installing the software and un-installing - every time I install the driver I get an error message "error loading streamci" in a box with RUNDLL on the top. I have to click the close button several times before it closes.

I have checked that I have the correct ASPI layer installed.

I am not at all interested in any other application of this card other than XTC mode, I use Nuendo 3, legal version with dongle, 2 UAD-1 cards, 1 TC Powercore card and 1 TC Powercore external unit. My sound card is a Hammerfall 9652. All these work beautifully together and I have no issues or crashes. I thought I'd add the Pulsar for some extra horsepower dsp, but it simply will not work woth my system. When I try to plug-in an XTC plug-in it says "Plug not properly installed" - I assume I have to close the Pulsar green window which automatically opens when I start the computer? I assume so because when I try to install a plug-in with it open, nothing happens at all. I do not want to use the Pulsar ins and outs, just the plug-ins within Nuendo and through my Hammerfall outputs.

OK so maybe I'm being a bit thick here, but I like to spend my time making music, not trouble-shooting or patching or anything other than inserting plug-ins and using, as I do with every other app I use. This is the only DSP card that has given me problems.

So as I said, before I give up in frustration and sell this, is it possible that this unit can co-exist in my PC and work in the background? I do not want to do anything other than click plug-in please! If I have to go into registries or any other arcane settings just to make this work, then it goes on E Bay! Hats off to all you guys who must spend hours configuring this beast to work without XTC mode!!

Cheers
Simon
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

Hi simon

I asked much the same questions about these cards when I first got mine.
garyb soon directed me to This post and I got it working i no time.

It didnt take me long however before I dropped the XTC mode in favor of the SFP mode.
It also wasnt long before I 'needed' more DSP.... and now I still 'need' more
scardanelli

oh my oh my!

Post by scardanelli »

Well thanks for this! But I suspect the post I have just read will only encourage me to sell this card pronto! I do not want to have to edit config files, mess around with ins and outs, or any of the other "routing " problems (and to me that looks like aural spaghetti, sorry guys, I just don't work like that!) - My TC Powercore and UAD-1's provide flawless integration, DSP power and plug-ins of delight without doing anything other than a/ Install card(s) b/ Install software c/ MAKE MUSIC not d/ Become a computer hacker....it's a shame though because from what I've heard this card sounds damn fine!

But thanks for the help, I appreciate you taking the time.
Simon
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

The creamware card will give you flawless intergration.
It just needs to be set up... and once that is done evrything works really well.

Just to check, have ya made sure the 'enable XTC mode' tab is checked. And the SFP program is not running when you startup cubase.

If you have this, then try refreshing the plugins in cubase

Me$$iah
scardanelli

Post by scardanelli »

Yes I have checked XTC mode, and , not meaning to sound funny or anything, but have you read my post?? I CANNOT set it up "properly" or even improperly because it simply won't install correctly in the first place - it runs an error saying "streamci module not found" or some cuch - I'm not at my other PC so haven't got my notes in front of me. The point is I made it quite clear that I usually run a mile from any kit that needs to be "set up correctly" - that's usually a warning to me that it's buggy, doesn't always work on most systems, and needs a certain element of hacking to get it going. As I've said previously, my UAD-1 cards and Powercore Element and Firewire worked out of the box, so why the hell am I wasting my time on this card??

Add to this, I e mailed tech support 3 days ago and have had no response. So, no, I am not impressed. I very nearly went out and bought a brand new Studio version before I found this one on E Bay, but fortunately for me, the salesman at Digital Village warned me that they weren't always reliable in terms of compatibility - - - - so I dip my toe in the water with a used one, and I'm very glad I didn't splash out over a grand. And to top it all, I've been unable to get into the MyPage to check which plug-ins I've bought with it, cos I want to sell it now. I can't even get to the log-in bit, so it's not a question of user id etc, the page link just doesn't get me there at all, from two different PCs so you tell me what I should do and how much faith I should put into Creamware?

Anyone want to buy a boxed Pulsar 2? £250 including UK shipping.
Cheers!