Samplerate could not be set .... Can please somebody help me

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Beerteddy

Samplerate could not be set .... Can please somebody help me

Post by Beerteddy »

Hi Planet Z visitors,

I really hope someone can help me. I have a serious mix problem and have to finish 10 mixen and have this problem.

I work in Cubase SX3 with a Scope 15dsp audio card.
I work in 48 khz and 16 bit. In the mix I use 12 plugins from the scope card.
I have no problem at all to find them and to use them. Even making a mixdown is going fantastic. The sound of the plugins is great too.

The problem starts when I make a save in cubase and stop working.
When I restart and start cubase there is nothing wrong. When I open the file I get the following message. "Samplerate could not be set. This may be due to the sampleclock being set to extarnel sync." Then the song is load in 44.100khz and 16 bit.

Then all the files are standing wrong but I can use the plugins. This means I have to set all the files again and that is terrible. If I throw away all the plugins of Scope I can change to 48 khz again. The plugins are influencing my samplerate.

What can I do to solve this problem. Can somebody of you who pretend to be masters of scope help me.

Thanks a lot

Beerteddy

I can loa
voidar

Post by voidar »

Maybe you have to set sample-rate in .ini or .cfg file?
Beerteddy

Post by Beerteddy »

Hell o Voidar,

I did that all changed it many times , reset and checked. It didnt changed. The latency problem is always the same. I think it must be a easy problem because it doesnt change.

do you have other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Beerteddy
voidar

Post by voidar »

We are talking about the .ini, .cfg for Scope? I know you have to set latency manualy in the file to change it. Changing it inside an application won't work, or at least won't save.
Maybe there is a problem with samplerate too.

I know that samplerate on the DSP must be set correctly to match the project before loading the project when using SFP-mode.

I.e. REAPER will crash if you load a 48K project when clocking to anything but that. I don't think the software manages to dictate the hardware.

Maybe if you try clocking the hardware externally, like with an A16U set to master. You can change samplerate via the touch of a button.
If not you have to make sure your project loads up in 48K.

Maybe if you open your XTCproject.pro, set samplerate to 48K and save. I know .project files store these settings.
Then load up Cubase and your file.