XTC, Scope Plug-ins, and Remote SL

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

scratch17

XTC, Scope Plug-ins, and Remote SL

Post by scratch17 »

Hi: I'm new here, and hoping to get some info.

I have SX3 and am getting a 4.5 Project card soon. I will be wanting to use the Scope plug-ins in Cubase.

Am I correct in thinking that Cubase will see the Scope plug-ins as VST instruments and effects, only when in XTC mode? Here's why I'm asking.

I have a Novation Remote SL61, which is great as a control surface for plug-ins. It comes with an editor program that can scan Cubase' available plug-ins and automatically create control templates and/or automaps for the Remote. Automaps are a great feature of the Remote SL line. An automap is a proprietary VSTXML control surface template file that loads into the Remote SL automatically when the software plug-in is loaded in Cubase (or Live, Logic, Pro Tools, etc).

Since (at least theoretically), Cubase sees the Scope plug-ins as VST instruments and effects, I am hoping I'll be able to use this 'scan VST plug-ins' feature in the Novation editor to create templates and/or automaps

I'm wondering if anyone here has tried this.

Any info, experiences or suggestions will be appreciated.
Steven K
Janni

Post by Janni »

Any info, experiences or suggestions will be appreciated.
Same here...
Those mixermaps could be used to control sfp devices in sfp mode also, I think...
Perhaps it would need some tweeks?

Cheers,
Jan
AltMR

Post by AltMR »

Since I've bought REMOTESL25, XTC mode became really powerfull.
Automap is working excellently with Scope plug-ins.
... something like new life ... :wink:
Yogimeister

Re: XTC, Scope Plug-ins, and Remote SL

Post by Yogimeister »

Has anyone tried using VSTXML files in conjuction with BCF2000/Mackie in Cubase "MAckie Control" mode ?