question about XTC mode and .dllz

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

binez0r

Post by binez0r »

Hi... It's kind of a tricky question but, I am trying to find information on how the vst plugin versions of the scope instruments and effects you own appear on the Windows filesystem...

IE, are they like the WAVES plugins where its a "shell" plugin, ie, waves.dll, OR

is it a bunch of .dll files that are actual VST instruments?

The reason why I ask is because I want to use the plugins in max/msp. It [Max/msp] doesn't scan your vst folder at startup and each .dll that is loaded must correspond to a phsyical .dll on the harddrive. Currently, waves doesn't work with Max.

Hope that makes sense,

James
voidar

Post by voidar »

There are three basic .dll's supplied by Creamware. I don't remember their names exactly, but their names end with mono, stereo and synth, and they all are about 20KB in size.

They seem to work as wrapper-plugins where the filename of the .dll reflects the filename of the .mdl/.dev to load via the means of a file that specifies the directory to search for the relevant device.

So I would guess that XTC plugins do NOT work like Waves plugins do, via a common shell, as <device.dll> can be loaded on it's own.

It will on execution specify number of inputs/outputs, if it is a synth or not etc. and then look up the .idx/.cfg-file (?) - which must be in the same directory as the .dll - for the .dev/.mdl location path.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voidar on 2006-09-14 22:01 ]</font>
binez0r

Post by binez0r »

Sounds pretty good.

Do you know if it's possible to load these .dll plugins, albeit their being dysfunctional, when SCOPE is NOT in XTC mode? (just humor me here, I know it at first glance appears like a pointless question...)

I would like to be able to load the plugins but with processing disabled. The cc's from the interface can be extracted and used in max/msp...

hope that makes sense TOO!

James
voidar

Post by voidar »

No, you have to choose between SFP- or XTC-mode.

Upon launching your sequencer when the cards are set to XTC-mode, the XTCproject.pro file will be loaded.
The project file you can edit to suite your needs in regards to # of inputs/outputs etc.

If you don't get the XTC flash-screen upon load, I doubt the plugins will work.
binez0r

Post by binez0r »

Fudge.