What's the reason STM mixers don't work in XTC-project.pro?

Discuss Scope XTC mode.

Moderators: valis, garyb

voidar

Post by voidar »

Anyone know the technical reasons for this?

It seems perfectly possible to construct mixers for XTC-usage (see XTC Mixer by DAP).
garyb

Post by garyb »

i think is was a matter of the thinking behind xtc mode. the idea was that if you wanted scope's routing and mixers, scope mode existed, and that if you wanted to put scope into the sequencer's mixer, then xtc mode.

personally, i find scope mode easier if i'm using a scope mixer anyway. there's really nothing that i can't do in scope mode that i can only do in xtc mode, in fact it's the opposite...
voidar

Post by voidar »

That's not the point really.

I am able to load i.e. the MeterBridge in XTCproject.pro. As long as it is open when I close SFP and load my sequencer it will pop up and function, just like Insert4XTC and XTCmixer. But why is this not possible with the STM mixers? It loads but it won't show.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voidar on 2006-09-11 12:02 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

Tried assigning a MIDI controller to the 'Close View' "x" mark on the main mixer panel, then triggering that from your sequencer?
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
voidar

Post by voidar »

No, I will try this.
I read somewhere on planet-z something in the line of this.
thomashenrydavies

Post by thomashenrydavies »

personally, i find scope mode easier if i'm using a scope mixer anyway. there's really nothing that i can't do in scope mode that i can only do in xtc mode, in fact it's the opposite...

In SFP mde you cannot load creamware powered plugins as native VST plugins. That is huge, and it's the reason I run in XTC mode.